New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

RPM - Don't get the love?

edited May 2012 in General Discussion
RPM seems to have a good core love-in from a lot of fans, which okay thats your opinion

but i've never really liked it, granted it came at a time when i barely watched PR (MF, JF seen couple eps, O.O seen a lot more but was surreal)

i've not seen the full series but i've seen a good 12-15 eps including the finale.

my problems with it is it does feel right. This is my list of dislikes.

* The suits with seatbelts was weird (not as bad as JF and MF!) and hated the morphin sequence.
* The Zords look weird (same goes for Samurai)
* Dr K is just i don't know her voice is strange and i don't really enjoy her character
* Scott is the only ranger of the first three that seems okay i'm not a big fan of the other two, but they aint the worst rangers.
* The Black Ranger i forget his name looks Waaay too old i know PR doesn't do teens in reality but i don't know he looks nearly 30
* Most of the villains are Meh not bothered.

and last and the worst.

* Rangers Gold and Silver OMG kill me i hate these two worst Rangers ever! worst suits ever! i'd happily punch them in the face all day.

okay i'll admit i LOVE Ziggy he's actually one of my favourite rangers and is a main reason why i don't totally hate RPM he's hilarious and i like Tenya or whatever name is the one who ends been the black rangers sister ( if i recall right?)

so yeah whilst i don't completely hate the series, i've never got the love for it

it comes just above JF, MF, O.O and Turbo as my least liked series of PR. Though Samurai is starting to ware on me and i've only seen one ep of S.S

Comments

• Tenaya 7 is the girls name. and i my self kind of Like Gem and Gemma. they're funny in a twisted sort of Boom Happy twin kind of way. I also like Ziggy. He's a comical genius. I usually don't Laugh out Loud at power Rangers. But RJ and Ziggy crack me up.

As for Jungle Fury and Mystic Force, those are some of my favorite seasons!
  • Tenaya 7 is the girls name. and i my self kind of Like Gem and Gemma. they're funny in a twisted sort of Boom Happy twin kind of way. I also like Ziggy. He's a comical genius. I usually don't Laugh out Loud at power Rangers. But RJ and Ziggy crack me up.

As for Jungle Fury and Mystic Force, those are some of my favorite seasons!
    Tenaya 7, knew it was something along them lines.

well fair play to you JF's suits and morphin with sunglasses killed anychance for me can't take it seriously, MF is slightly better but got bored

• If you actually watch all of Mystic Force, you'll like it. It gets a lot better towards the last 10 episodes or so. I my self thought the Idea of sunglasses as morphers was kind of Cool and is what made the show Unique.
  • Well, most of the fault you listed isn't entirely RPM's fault. The costume and Zords are from Go-Onger, which isn't all that great honestly. Whats with Toei and clusterfuck like Engine G12/RPM Ultrazord and Samurai Ha-Oh/Whatever the Samurai counterpart is. But I liked the Samurai Zords, its unique. I liked the concept of Venjix, but the Sentai's villian is so cheesy that when it came to RPM, it doesn't fit in. Mystic Force and Jungle Fury aint that bad honestly, I actually enjoyed watching it after seeing MagiRanger and GekiRanger
  • I liked RPM up until they introduced Gem and Gemma. I agree, those two are the most annoying characters I have ever seen. The zord designs make more sense in the sentai series because they're actually living machines. Go-onger's villains aren't any more cheesy than Gokaiger's, and they have the same motif of introducing more serious ones later on in the series.
  • I agree with Zyu. You can't blame the outfits and zords for sucking on Power Rangers when all the fight footage comes from Sentai!
  • I agree with Zyu. You can't blame the outfits and zords for sucking on Power Rangers when all the fight footage comes from Sentai!
    Yeah i know that, it's one of the reasons i've not attempted to watch Go-Onger yet