New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Power Rangers Megaforce: Official Discussion

Comments

• edited June 2012
    If I had a link, I would've posted it with my original post.

It's not been released yet. MarioRanger's not allowed to show the logo yet as part of the Non-Disclosure Agreement he signed to not leak info early. Wait until Tuesday, during the Licensing Expo, I bet we finally get it (or news on whatever Power Rider is).

If people are questioning his countability, he was the first to break news on what PRSamurai would've been called, what the logo for it was and what the Super Samurai logo was, and when PRSamurai toys would be in McDonalds on Rangerboard. Plus, countless other things for the PR fandom as as well.
  • edited June 2012
    I hope that we are misunderstanding the info and that the 20th season will be using Goseiger (angels) with the plot of Gokaiger (pirates). If they use the Gokaigers for the next season then I'm gonna hit the roof. Which team would fit the name "Power Rangers" better?
    Goseiger:
    Gokaiger:
  • how about they worry finishing this season? they havent even shown any new ones for a few weeks now....I never watched the sentai version but i hope that they can do it justice
  • What would it matter? The Samurai cast isn't even a part of the two seasons unless they do the tribute episodes. You'll mot likely find out tomorrow which one it is.
  • @zeoranger6matt You're right. We have to worry about this season getting better. It hasn't been that good, so I'm hoping it will get better before and during the season finale. We also have to worry about the season(s) after that. If they don't turn out well, it will lose the popularity it had all those years ago.
  • No, it won't. There will always be kids out there that will watch the show. Just because you're older, you think it'll tank if YOU don't like it.
  • edited June 2012
    According to this press release, it has confirmed that our newest PR season will be an adaption of.......GOSEIGER

Scroll down to read the rest of the post.

Credit goes to Mr. Yellow for the find:Saban Brands' Power Rangers Megaforce to Premiere on Nickelodeon in Early 2013.

Power Rangers Megaforce introduces a plot line that is sure to captivate audiences with exciting new characters, villains, and high-octane action. The new series features Gosei, a supernatural guardian who for centuries, has protected the earth with his robotic aide, Tensou. But when the evil Warstar aliens begin their massive invasion, Gosei calls upon five teenagers with attitude to form the ultimate team...the Power Rangers Megaforce!

When the teens morph into Power Rangers, they gain superhuman strength, agility, and mastery over martial arts. In addition to defending earth against the Warstar aliens, other monstrous factions emerge to challenge the Megaforce Rangers. Under the leadership of a malevolent alien, toxic beasts rise from their slimy underground lair to attack the Earth and a ruthless robot army launches an offensive from their deep sea compound. In order to face these new threats, the Power Rangers Megaforce unlock powerful battle modes to fight their adversaries. Go Go Power Rangers! – fans can look forward to all new MEGA adventures in 2013.

Read more. here: http://www.virtualpressoffice.com/publicsiteContentFileAccess?fileContentId=850069&fromOtherPageToDisableHistory=T&menuName=Events

TI stand corrected. All evidence was pointing towards Gokaiger being the next to be adapted. This plot sounds almost identical to MMPR. A supernatural guardian watches over earth with his robotic ally...that is basically Zordon and Alpha lol. Now, I understand why they wanted to go with a younger looking cast. Honestly, if they're doing the whole "high school teenagers with attitude" plot again, I won't be that happy with it.

I, personally, hated Goseiger, but hey, another season is another season. I'm still convinced that they'll be doing a hybrid thing and have Goseiger in 2013, keep the cast, and have them get the Gokaiger powers in 2014.

And for those of you who are still skeptical: Official Press Release from Saban: http://www.sabanbrands.com/pdfs/Saban_Power_Rangers_Megaforce.pdf
  • You would think that since it is an 20th Anniversary Season, they would up their game a produce a season fit for this special occasion. But no, Saban have to go and waste a special moment on season like Goseiger, which was great, but not has awesome has Gokaiger.

Oh well, hopefully they would do the hybrid season between Goseiger and Gokaiger.
  • i'm absolutely gutted about this. I didn't like Goseiger and Gokaiger was fantastic, guess they'll scrap Gokaiger as can't use it in future.

i'm worried that Saban is getting to mess up badly. a rehash of MMPR is a silly idea.
  • I'm not giving up hope about Gokaiger. I bet we'll see it in a way we don't expect. Some people are thinking that they're double casting for the newer season.
  • I'm not giving up hope about Gokaiger. I bet we'll see it in a way we don't expect. Some people are thinking that they're double casting for the newer season.
    I've just had a fan wanky idea.

Season 1 25 eps of Goseiger, defeat the bad villains.

then a special 1 hour ep of the legendary war where the Goseiger lead the battle and sarcrifice powers

Season 2 25 eps of Gokaiger, the rangers are given the keys to previous powers to fight new villains.

that way we get both Gosei and Gokai and use of legendary war footage Toei have re-shot
  • edited June 2012
    Yeah, that's what my (and a whole lot of other peoples') thought was as well. However, each season is lasting 2 years. Elie Dekel and Saban Brands has confirmed this with it's previous press release. And with the name of Super/Ultra Megaforce trademarked, I don't think it'll happen.

Although, God knows I want it to.

Power Rangers 20 Poster:
  • @NightMere10 Nice poster and can you tell me how to put up a picture like that?
  • edited June 2012
    Credit goes to Samurai Cast/Ranger Crew/Fury Diamond

Megaforce Logo

Megaforce Poster

Power Rangers Megaforce will be 22 episodes long (including holiday specials, so 20 episodes and 2 holiday episodes and Legend War as a movie special).

Some thoughts and rumors going around
    -With Megaforce, Super Megaforce, and Ultra Megafroce trademarked, some people are thinking that it'll be a three season thing.
    -Some think it's Goseiger for the first 20 eps and Gokaiger for the last 20
    -All in all, we don't have the whole picture, but some things don't add up.

@PRThunder: When you type a message, in between the "C" button and the "link" button is a picture button. Click it, the html will come up, stick the link in the quotes.
  • okay im bloody confused they're doing Goseiger... yet seem with the poster of MMPR Red playing up the 20th anniversary which would hint at Gokaiger.

also why is Tommy's white ranger in there with a load of red rangers?