New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

MegaForce: Pre-Discussion (UNOFFICIAL CHAT)

edited June 2012 in General Discussion
Okay so as i'm to understand it MF is to follow an original PR story seperate from the Sentai (like IS and LG)

and i'm led to believe they are making a lot of connections to MMPR costumes, Gosei and Alien leader and robot assistane and teenagers with attitude from high school.

the problem is MMPR was an okay series but it only got going with addition of Tommy as Evil Green Ranger and then his subsequent storyline... if MegaForce does the same we could end up with quite a poor cheesy series and no Green Ranger to redeem it.

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Why not just post this in the official discussion thread (which is why it's there)?

Um....the phenomenon of MMPR BEFORE Tommy would like a word with you. MMPR was already extremely popular before Tommy, but Tommy fueled the fire and kept it going afterwards. And, oh my god, Tommy is so overrated, it's not even funny.
  • Well i thought that thread was more for you know "official" discussion rather than a theory/speculation.

Yeah it started well but i don't think it would have done as well as it did. I'm not a massive Tommy fan myself i think he was a good Green Ranger as second to Jason and he was okay as White. Didnt think much of him in Zeo or Turbo so this isn't an attempt to big up Tommy as a fan of him.

its just pretty obvious that Tommy and the stories exploded the PR phenomenon and helped it continue and be succesful look at the strides Saban took to get extra Zyu footage made
  • I'm not saying Tommy didn't either, but in your first post you were implying that MMPR didn't get popular until JDF got on the show.

And have you not set foot in the Super Samurai thread? Before Super Samurai even started, it was all about theroies as to what people thought would happen. It really only has the word "official" on it to show that what's being posted from Saban, Ranger Crew, etc (anything about the series) isn't something a fan made up. For example, the promo to Super Samurai eps returning in the fall.

And the "discussion part of it" covers casting, theories, what you want, what you don't want. As long as it's about Megaforce, it can fit underneath that so people can talk about your ideas.
  • Well sorry i didn't mean to put my OP across in that way.

i've had brief look on a few of the threads but i thought it would be easier not to fill the official threads with tons of pages of theories and thoughts and have a separate thread for that and keep the official talk in the official thread. So that people don't mistake a fan's theory from an actual fact.
  • edited June 2012
    Tip: If that's what you're going for, change the title to Megaforce Pre-Discussion. That way you can talk about anything Megaforce related (theories, what you want in an anniversary, etc.)
  • What are you talking about? Mighty Morphin Power Rangers was amazing. The only time it wasn't good was the episodes between Green no More and white light. and the episodes where they had crappy voice actors act for Jason, Zack and Trini.
  • What are you talking about? Mighty Morphin Power Rangers was amazing. The only time it wasn't good was the episodes between Green no More and white light. and the episodes where they had crappy voice actors act for Jason, Zack and Trini.
    it was great as a kid but looking back its really cheesy and some of the acting is lame... hey i know its PR and its not meant to be overly mature but IS, TF, RPM had more "mature" stories.

MMPR went on to long with 3 seasons and by the end both Zedd, Rita and Goldar had lost all their menacing credibility they had when they arrived.
  • edited June 2012
    @Dubby: Keep in mind that this is all just opinion and not fact. Same to you @Ranger91 No need to get in a tizzy over it. There will be some people who don't like MMPR now that their older.
  • i have a feeling saban's power rangers megaforce will do for goseiger, what the kamen rider dragon knight did for kamen rider ryuki
  • How do you feel about "Gosei"? Do you think it's just a Zordon knock off? Would you like Saban to bring Zordon back if they could?
  • YES! BRING BACK ZORDON!
  • I do like the idea of Gosei but I wouldn't want them to bring back Zordon. Zordon should only be brought back for a prequel or a flashback story. I do think it's a Zordon knock off but I would support Gosei being of the same type of race that Zordon is but not Zordon himself.
  • Bringing Zordon would ruin the way that he sacrificed himself in order to protect the universe in PRIS. Zordon sacrifices should be kept as a legacy of his effort he made. If Zordon is brought back, then I would like Saban is trying too hard to make it similar to MMPR. I like @MatttEmily idea of a prequel of Zordon past though.
  • I think Gosei should be from Eltar, or have something to do with Zordon but not bring back Zordon at all. It'd just be too weird for continuity and the older fans would complain to death about it.