New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Why did Power Rangers Turbo suck! Ratings low... etc..

Comments

• edited September 2012
    @Dubby No one knows what happened to Alpha 5 in-show. Amit Bhaumik, the writer of "Forever Red" had mentioned to the old Power Rangers newsgroup that when writing the episode, he had intended for Alpha 5 to be destroyed during Dark Specter's attack on Eltar.

Also it wasn't ever stated where the Rescuezords came from or who made them. We can assume Zordon made them and just hid them in case of an emergency since the info on them was within the Turbo Megazord's computer banks and the Turbozords were stated to be made by the Rangers themselves according to what Zordon said in the movie.

Also you have a point. Alpha 6 was pretty much worthless in Turbo and Dimitria wasn't interesting at all.
  • nope, not interesting at all. The Whole Alpha Punk thing was the stupidest thing saban and crew thought of. Not to mention no background story what's so ever for Demtria. They never did tell us whether or not Demtria and devatox where siblings or not. And Devatox.... what a worthless villain she was. Astranama or however it's spelled, was far better. Devatox also had a boring background story, if she even had one...
  • Anyone could beat Divatox as a villain. Even an egg that can't walk or talk could beat her.

But yes, Astronema was an amazing villain. It also helps that they bothered with a backstory for her whereas you're right, they never bothered with that with Divatox and Dimitria. Not to mention, how did Zordon and Dimitria know each other? Did Dimitria know Alpha 6? Did Zordon know Alpha 6?
  • edited October 2012
    I know right, nothing was ever stated. And why replace the whole team when Adam and Tanya still wanted to be on the show They could have promoted adam to red ranger and make ashley the pink, and carlos the green as planned.
  • Also they never revealed the identity of the Phantom Ranger, even though people have different ideas of who he is. I think that they should have done a background story of Dimitria, Alpha 6, Divatox, Phantom Ranger, and all of the new Turbo rangers.
  • Agreed, I really thought they would have told us who he was in the few In Space episodes he was in, but no.... it's like they didn't care about his character even though he was a huge help to the Turbo and Space Rangers.
  • the reason they replace Rocky is Steve Cardenas did injure himself and wasn't able to do any of his own fight scenes so was wrote out so they decided to add Justin in hope of appealing to the younger audience again as it was believed kids would like to see a kid ranger.
  • edited October 2012
    The idea of a kid ranger was pure genius. Any kid would be to a ranger so that was a great idea from the Saban team. But justin seem like an annoying brat who claimed to be amazingly smart but did nothing to prove this theory and just was nowhere near as useful as Billy and Alpha 5.
  • The idea of a kid ranger was pure genius. Any kid would be to a ranger so that was a great idea from the Saban team. But justin seem like an annoying brat who claimed to be amazingly smart but did nothing to prove this theory and just was nowhere near as useful as Billy and Alpha 5.
    i liked him though i think it was cause i was around 6/7 during turbo.

he was more likeable than Alpha 6, dimitria and Tommy in Turbo who seemed half bothered
  • edited October 2012
    Justin Stewart was never an annoying brat at all. In fact, he was better than Billy was in the martial arts area. Also he was the one that thought of using the weapons in the movie when everyone else was trying to go hand-to-hand with Maligore and the Piranatrons.
  • POWER RANGERS SUPER SAMURAI RETURNS OCTOBER 13TH!! WITH 2 NEW HOLIDAY EPSIODES!!! YAYAYYY!!
  • @ifresh, your post has nothing to do with the current comment thread. If you wanna post something about PRSS, please do so in the correct comment thread unless someone else has taken care of that already.
  • edited October 2012
    Hey @iFresh is it possible if you could stop typing in capitals please as it can be annoying and it is hard for people to take you seriously. But other than that I can wait for samurai to come back either but you are posting in the wrong thread as this is about Turbo. Here is the thread you want to post in: http://www.powerrangerplanet.org/forum/discussion/370/power-rangers-samuraisuper-samurai-power-rangers-or-not#Item_28

Anyway, back to the topic. @zeoranger5 maybe the annoying brat was misuse in that context but even though he was better than Billy with the martial art, he was nowhere near as resourceful as Billy.
  • @Yanman10, you are apparently forgetting about the fight scene in the movie when Justin suggested that they break out the hardware. Also when he found the entrance to the volcano before the rest of the team did.
  • edited October 2012
    But that was just in the movie though. What about during the season? Personally i don't think that he contributed as much as to the team especially since he was suppose to be a genius compared to other blue rangers.