New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Robo Knight: robot Power Ranger or NOT?

edited April 2013 in General Discussion
Ever since Power Rangers Megaforce started, we wondered what exactly Robo Knight is. People have said that he is a robotic Power Ranger. Others have said that he is just a robotic warrior. People have said that he is the 6th Power Rangers in PRM. Others have said that the Silver Ranger (Gokai Silver) is the 6th Power Ranger in PRM. In PRM, he is refered to as the "robotic 6th Megaforce Power Ranger, which means Silver Ranger is going to be the 7th Megaforce Power Ranger.

What do you Power Ranger fans say about Robo Knight?

Comments

• edited April 2013
    In my opinion, I have no idea what to think of him. He's been referred to as the "6th Ranger", but he's called Robo Knight. If he's a Power Ranger why don't they call him "Gold Ranger" or "Robo Ranger"? It's just confusing. I guess he could be a robot Ranger. We did have one in PROO. Mack, the Red Ranger, so maybe Robo Knight is the same story.

What do you think @PowerRangerPlanet , @NightMere10 , @Dubby , @sayla0079 , @MattEmily , @vgiannell5 , @Ranger91 , @DekaBlue , @Yanman10 , @PoisonLotus , @EHT30J1981 , @zeorangerboy , @iFresh , @darkvincentes , @zyusouken ?
  • @PRThunder I personally feel he's a Ranger, he's just a Ranger that is a Robot that possesses Knight-like qualities.

We did have Mack back in Overdrive that was an android however he was never meant to be a Ranger. That was something that Mack himself wanted, not something that Andrew actually built into him.

Yes, there is the argument in regards to why they don't call Robo Knight like "Robo Ranger" or "Knight Ranger" or "Silver Ranger" but a name is just that, a name. A name doesn't define what they are. Look at Magna Defender, Solaris Knight and Wolf Warrior. I truly believe they are Rangers themselves. Definitely not Magna Defender in his original form but once he gave his form to Mike, I believe that is when his powers became a Ranger. I just believe that there are different types of Rangers, just like there are different types of soldiers in the army.
  • edited April 2013
    @MattEmily you do have a good point there. That gets me wondering what exactly the Blue Centurion was. He's been a mystery to me for years. Is he a Power Ranger or a Super Cop? If he's a Ranger, then PRT had 7 Rangers.

Does anyone else have an opinion about Robo Knight?
  • @PRThunder There are 2 sides with Blue Senturion. One could consider him to be just a warrior since that is what he was or there is the other side that he could be considered a Ranger because he was a Ranger and as we currently known, at least based on the Gokaiger footage itself, the Blue Senturion was turned into a Ranger Key.
  • edited April 2013
    Personally, I find Robo Knight to be too robotic at times. I know he is a "robot" but when I watch his sentai counterpart "Gosei Knight", he seems to have more of a human characteristic especially through the way he speaks. Therefore, I don't really see him as a 6th ranger but more like a very powerful ally.
  • @Yanman10 I know what you mean. I seriously don't get how he's considered a Ranger in the show when he was built centuries before Power Rangers were even created. Robo Knight was clearly built during the time when knights fought evil so the word "Power Ranger" doesn't seem to apply to him.

Any more thoughts on Robo Knight?
  • @GoldenTurbo what do you think about Robo Knight?
  • He's creepy and just a bit too robotic.... I view him as a ally, but not a Ranger....
  • @GoldenTurbo I agree with you about him being an ally. I don't how he can be considered a Power Ranger in the show. Robo Knight was created centuries before Power Rangers were. I'd say he's just a powerful robot ally, but if he is indeed a Power Ranger, then he might be a prototype for a Power Rangers project, which would say that they tried to make robots into Power Rangers before humans and aliens became Power Rangers.
  • And that the project didn't work too well
  • Well it would be nice if the Robo Knight detail was made more clearly. I still think Robo Knight is just a robotic ally, like Auric the Conqueror and Sentinal Knight
  • @PRThunder I agree with you with Robo Knight being similar to Sentinal Knight and Auric the Conqueror. I just don't see him as a ranger at all as he seems different from the other rangers due to being a robot obviously but also his mysterious personality.
  • edited July 2013
    @Yanman10 to be fair, Phantom Ranger was mysterious and as far as we knew, his armor was robotic. He spoke normal but all we knew about him is that he was close to Zordon and Dimitria viewed him as an "Eltarian voyager" even though he might not have been one and even if he was on, it doesn't mean it was his home planet.
  • And they considered the Phantom Ranger to be ally on Turbo and Space instead of a 6th or 7th Ranger. So, we will see what happens in the future.