New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Power Rangers show: Getting BETTER or WORSE?

edited July 2013 in General Discussion
For 20 years, the show known as Power Rangers has pleased the audience. However, there is a bit of conflict. There have been seasons in the past that received negative comments. Some people say one season was worse than the others", or "this season was better than all the other ones". Personally, I liked all the seasons, but after Nickelodeon became the main channel for the show in 2011, the show doesn't feel like "Power Rangers" any more. Does anyone think that the show is getting better? worse? had it's bad days? etc?

Here's a recap of all the seasons for the last 20 years

Comments

• Once Nick took over with Samuari and Megaforce, I think they have been going down a bit. Personally, I love all seasons because Power Rangers are the best.. .XD!
  • I am going to agree with GoldenTurbo. If PR were shown on another channel like ABC Family i might be inclined to watch more often. As for which seasons were bad my top pick would be Jungle Fury. All around though i have equal love for PR and Sentai.
  • I don't think Power Rangers is going down the tubes so to speak except with Samurai but I do think this scheduling is going to be doom for the show.

The show needs another channel that would allow it to have a year-round schedule like it did previously instead of the Nick schedule which doesn't work for Power Rangers.

However what channel would you put it on? ABC Family is a no no since that's Disney.
  • edited August 2013
    Myself, I am on the side of the show going down hill. I feel that the acting is far worse than it was compared to previous seasons, and the overall chemistry between the actors doesn't work well. Also, it feels as if the show is being directed towards a much younger audience, and I'm not a fan of that.

What makes me even more disappointed, is the fact that Nick has come out with such quality shows, within the last few years. The troop, Supah ninjas, even Icarly, although it may not be similar to PR, the writing is far superior. I feel that PR can get to that level, they just need some fresh writing.
  • The problem with PR writing is that all the good writers were let go from the production staff and the "Samurai writers" took their place. At least this is in regards to Super Megaforce.

I think the main problem is that the producers of the show tend to cast people who look good without thought towards their acting or martial arts ability. Of course they have to act fairly well to be chosen, but still. After seeing videos of the Megaforce Cast at SDCC, the chemistry between them all is there, and they all have such great personalities so it's a waste to have them pull back, especially Andrew Gray, in terms of their acting.

I felt like the show was going downhill since Samurai started. I'm enjoying Megaforce, and I like it better than Samurai but there are times where, like all of Samurai, I feel like they're talking down to the audience.

That doesn't mean I'll stop watching the show, though.