New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Power Rangers: How would you run the show?

edited November 2017 in General Discussion
On August 28, 1993, on the Fox Kids weekday afternoon block, Egyptian-born Israeli-American television and media proprietor, Haim Saban, presented the world with a new show that would become the "number 1 children's". When he got to Wild Force, Disney managed to gain control of Power Rangers and continued the show until RPM. Saban then bought Power Rangers back and continued the legacy of power. The show is loved by millions of fans across the planet, but there have been moments and things that fans wished had happened differently. This gave me a thought that I think people would love to dicuss:
If you were in charge of the show, how would you have done POWER RANGERS?

Comments

• edited April 2014
    If I was running Power Rangers, I would have
    MMPR:
    1. Preferred not to replace the Rangers with new people every once in a while.
    2. Brought in Rocky, Adam, and Aisha a bit closer to the beginning of season 2 and made them ordinary people who helped the Rangers from time to time for the whole season or longer.
    3. Given Kat a better debut than the one she got on the show. I would have let people see her as good, then have Rita turn her evil for some time. And of course I would make a Rocky-Kat romance and keep the Tommy-Kim romance alive.
    4. Kept the Green Ranger for the remainder of the MMPR seasons and give him Tor the Shuttlezord. That way there would be seven Power Rangers until the end.
    4. Ended MMPR with a final battle between all the MMPR Rangers and the villains.
    PRZ:
    1. Introduced all-new Rangers instead of bringing back the cast from last season.
    2. Given Gasket and Archerina a better backstory. In the show, Gasket married her, but their parents were enemies (it was never explained if Mondo's enemy/Archerina's dad was a machine who betrayed Mondo or some other reason).
    PRT:
    1. Not have pirates as enemies. I would have the villains be escaped prisoners from another planet or something.
    2. Have a finale that didn't become a beginning story for the next season. I would have all the villains defeated at the end of the season.
    PRIS:
    1. Not use the former Turbo Rangers to become part of the Space Rangers team.
    PRLG:
    1. Have Captain Mutiny be a new villain in the Ranger's galaxy and Scorpius's competitor in the battle to conquer the universe.
    2. When the Rangers get trapped in the Lost Galaxy, I'd reveal Deviot as a villain from the Lost Galaxy and have the connection between Lost Galaxy Rangers, the Quasar Sabers, and the Lost Galaxy be like this: 3000 years ago, Deviot and an his army of machines ruled the Lost Galaxy, but 5 warriors, who possessed the Quasar Sabers, defeated all the villains (except Deviot), then leave the Sabers on Mirinoi, so that new warriors could defend the universe. When Deviot discovers that Scorpius is battling the ones who possess the Quasar Sabers, he decided to use him and others to get the Sabers and return the Lost Galaxy, so he could rule it again. When the Rangers escape the Lost Galaxy, Deviot is destroyed once and for all before he can follow the Rangers out of the Lost Galaxy.
    PRLR:
    1. Keep the Titanium Ranger around for all the battles, not have him leave for a long time like he did in the show.
    PRTF:
    1. Give the villains a different ending than what they got in the show. In the show, Gluto chickens out and freezes himself, Nadira turns good, Frax was reprogrammed and destroyed, and Ransik surrenders. I would have done this: Gluto chickens out and freezes himself, Nadira turns good, Frax and Ransik both fight to conquer the world at the same time, Frax loses and turns good with Nadira's help, Ransik gets defeated and captured by the Rangers with help from Frax.
    PRWF:
    1. After Mandilok shows up, I would have Master Org be a lone villains trying to conquer the world himself while Mandilok leads the Orgs in the Nexus.
    PRMF:
    1. Give the Master/Octomus a voice in the first two arcs of the season.
    2. I might have Necrolai defeated by the Mystic Force.
    PRJF:
    1. I would have made sure people could tell whether Dai-Shi was controlling Jarrod or not. That was a big issue in Jungle Fury. They either called him Jarrod or Dai-Shi which made it hard to tell who was in charge. I would have also done a special affect where you can see a transparent image of Dai-Shi's face in place of Jarrod's when he gets really powerful.
    PRS/PRSS:
    1. I would have used less Sentai footage and presented more originality.
    2. I would have the Rangers origin be different. In the show, there were 17 Samurai Ranger teams before the current team we saw in the seasons, and the current teams didn't even need their morphers to morph, they just had to draw the symbol power for it. I would have done this: many samurai teams fought the Nighloks before the Samurai Rangers. In modern day, the new team of Samurai would need more power to defeat the Nighloks, so they would be presented with the morphers.
    2. I would have called the Rangers "Power Rangers", not "Samurai Rangers" like in the show.
    3. I would have made Xandred a better leader.
    4. I would have actually made a costume for the "Nighlok King". In the show, it was said that the Nighlok King tricked Dayu into accepting a deal that turned her and Deker into Nighloks, but later it was revealed to be Serrator and he wasn't even considered a Nighlok King. I would have done this: The Nighlok King turns Dayu and Deker into Nighlok, then Serrator uses this information to his advantage and uses Dayu and Deker to try to conquer the world. Eventually, I would present the Nighlok King for the Power Rangers to battle.
    5. Make Deker seem more like a actual villain than just a man looking for a duel to break his curse.
    6. Have a Antonio-Lauren romance.
    7. Included Lauren (female Red Samurai Ranger) in the final battle against Xandred.
    PRM/PRSM:
    1. Have Vrak be a lone villain who was cast out by his family even though he'd be a better leader than his whiny brother, Prince Vekar. Vrak would pretend to be loyal to Malkor just to use his army and technology. When Vrak discoveres the Toxic Mutants, he'd become their leader and betray Malkor. Before the Toxic Mutants are all destroyed, Vrak builds the underwater lab and begins building the robot army. The Toxic Mutants would meet Metal Alice before they are destroyed. When the Armada is close to Earth, the Messenger arrives as a lone villain preparing the Earth for invasion, and when he discovers Vrak is alive, they'd become enemies. At the end of the season, Metal Alice is destroyed by the Rangers (not left to die by Vrak like in the show) and Vrak must hide now that his family (the ones who cast him out) has come, and during PRSM Vrak would begin plotting his return and his revenge on the Armada and his family for casting him out and placing an unworthy person (Vekar) in charge.
    2. Have the Insectoids, Vrak, and the Armada as separate teams. Vrak would be the leader of the Toxic Mutants and the Machines.
    3. Have Robo Knight remember everything and spend time in the Command Center with his fellow Rangers.
    4. In the finale of Megaforce, Robo Knight shuts down from energy-loss and brought back to the Command Center for recharging, which would take a couple of episodes in PRSM. Then have him wake-up and rejoin the battles before the Silver Ranger makes his debut. Then there'd be 7 Megaforce Rangers.
    5. I would have Silver Ranger be someone who met all the previous teams of Power Rangers from the time of being a kid to grown-up or the son of Zordon who has met all the teams of Power Rangers and returns to Earth to help.

What would you Power Rangers fans do?
    @PowerRangerPlanet , @NightMere10 , @Dubby , @sayla0079 , @MattEmily , @vgiannell5 , @Ranger91 , @DekaBlue , @Yanman10 , @PoisonLotus , @EHT30J1981 , @zeorangerboy , @iFresh , @GoldenTurbo , @darkvincentes , @zyusouken , @harsh , @PoisonLotus, @thejim , @mike356 ?