New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Power Rangers Megaforce: Official Discussion

Comments

• @vgiannel5 I fear you are correct. This episode only confirms my suspicions. For some time now I suspected that the Insectoids and Vrak were working for someone of greater rank. Now I'm certain that I was correct. Malkor was a Warstar "Admiral", so I think that the Warstar Commander (possibly Vekar) is coming.
  • edited November 2013
    Power Rangers Super Megaforce were at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Here is the video.
    For some reason, the guys reporting on the Rangers mistakingly describe them with the names, colors, etc, of the Samurai/Super Samurai Rangers.
  • Saw the finale yesterday, and it was great. Metal Alice and the Messenger are gone. But Vrak got away again and Robo Knight has disappeared. Even worse, the Armada has finally arrived and have begun their invasion. How will the rangers get out of that mess?
  • @vgiannell5 that is an excellent question. My guess is that Vrak will return and gain a new form, Robo Knight will be hiding somewhere were he can recharge, and Gosei will teleport the Rangers away from that spot. If none of these happen, then it will be interesting to see them get out of this one.
  • having watched end game, i thought it was decent. the Zangyack (no idea what the american name is) are here and ready to fight. roboknight is nowhere in sight and the rangers have lost contact with gosei. the sad thing is we have to wait until next year to see what happens and how the pirate theme will work.
  • edited December 2013
    Enjoyed 'End Game' as it left us with so many questions like what will happen to the rangers? What is Vrak up to? Can't wait for Super Megaforce to start. It may turn to be a great season!
  • I saw the first episode of Super Megaforce on nick.com. It was great. The rangers obtained new powers, new weapons, and new zords to battle the Armada. They even have the ability to morph into Power Rangers that came before them from Mighty Morphin to Samurai. It's a shame that Troy couldn't find Robo Knight after they defeated the Messenger last season. I have a feeling a new sixth ranger will appear later on.
  • edited August 2014
    I'm going to wait till the premiere day to watch the full episode. I did see enough clips on Youtube to know what's coming.

It's amazing how far we came. All these villains fought and died to ensure that the Warstar invasion could happen.

The Insectoids (Malkor and Creepox)

The Toxic Mutants (Bigs and Bluefur)

The machines (Metal Alice and the Messenger)

Now we know who's the evil being behind everything that's happened this last year, the evil leader of the Warstar army and the Warstar armada... Prince Vekar.

Here's a picture of the new villains (from left to right)
    LEVIRA, PRINCE VEKAR, DAMARAS, ARGUS

Here's the first clip of Vekar with Levira and Argus. Damara does not appear in this clip.

Here's a clip with all four villains.
  • edited February 2014
    I'm going to wait till the premiere day to watch the full episode. I did see enough clips on Youtube to know what's coming.

It's amazing how far we came. All these villains fought and died to ensure that the Warstar invasion could happen.
    With Vrak the only villain from last season still alive and in hiding, I have a feeling we'll see him again very soon.
  • i went ahead and did what vgiannell5 did and watched the first ep on nick. i will reserve full judgement until after the actual premier however. for right now though...i do not have a lot of nice things to say.
  • edited February 2014
    The premiere day has passed. Now I give my opinion about the 1st episode of Power Rangers Super Megaforce. I had always said that Megaforce was getting better and better with each episode. PRSM just made Megaforce more interesting. I was impressed with how it turned out. Megaforce started out simple, then it got more complex and in-depth as time passed, now we're here and there's more to Megaforce than before.
    There was only three things I didn't like:
    1. They made very little connection to the villains of last season. Vrak and the Zombats were mentioned briefly. They didn't speak of Malkor, Creepox, Metal Alice, or the Messenger even though they were part of the team. Malkor, Creepox, and the Messenger were members sent to Earth, Metal Alice was added to the team when Vrak created her for the purpose of helping him ensure that the Earth was invaded and conquered by Vekar, and yet, none of them were mentioned. It also sucks that Vekar and his army don't know about the Toxic Mutants. They joined with Vrak to help him ensure the invasion happened, and they died fighting the Rangers for Vrak, and only Vrak knows that. Having Vekar and his army mention all the villains from last season would have been nice.
    2. They didn't really clarify the connection between the Insectoids and Vekar's forces. The Insectoids kept saying the "insects will rule the Earth", then Malkor said that they must conquer Earth "before the others arrive ("others" clearly means Vekar's forces) meaning the Insectoids were working with Vekar. Noah said that the "Warstar aliens were just the opening act". Vrak was a Warstar alien, so that suggests that Vekar's armada are also Warstar, but throughout the episode, they were just called "the Armada", even Tentacuss said "you can't match a true Armada warrior". Are the villains in Super Megaforce the remaining Warstar forces or are they something else? This is so confusing it's giving me a headache.
    3. They used the morphing calls from previous seasons, but didn't use the morphing sequences from the previous seasons. They used the Sentai morphs. Would it kill the producers to put the original morph sequences in?
    4. They called everything "Super Mega": Super Mega blasters, Super Mega sabers, Super Mega zords, etc. It's a mouth-full and it was used too much.
  • the one thing that irritated me the most from the first ep is the overuse of "Super Mega". instead of calling the new "mode" super mega, why not call it "Legend Mode". that would make it a reference to a past series as well as tie in the use of the keys.

Other minor annoyances include:
    -in show explanation for change from black to green. Gosei mentions it but is never actually explained
    -mispronunciation of "Tensou". does saban not want to acknowledge goseiger?
    -editing hiccups. what i mean by this is that the clips involving the keys are shown in reverse order. instead of "Call for keys then cut base and show keys teleporting in a reused shot" it should be "Call for keys WITHOUT showing the buckle then cut to keys teleporting to buckle". i hope that makes sense.
    -the only character that doesnt make sense with their sentai counterpart is troy. troy is serious all the time where as marvelous is laid back most of the time and only serious in certain situations.

i dont mean to be harsh but i cant help but compare PRSM to Goukaiger.

• I thought the scene where they became Dairanger, just pretty much blew my mind... I was not expecting that at all...
  • I thought the scene where they became Dairanger, just pretty much blew my mind... I was not expecting that at all...
    @thejim it was mind-blowing. It's the evidence we Rangers fans have been searching for for years. It's proof that the teams we were watching for 20 years were not the only Power Ranger teams in existance.
  • edited March 2014
    I hope we can see the Mega Force Rangers as the Dairangers again... I found it weird they never said what the name of the team was, I imagined them being called Power Rangers Dynamo...