New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Power Rangers review: From "Teenagers with Attitude" to "Defenders of the Universe" to NOW

Comments

• We are getting closer and closer to the end of Power Rangers Megaforce and the beginning of Power Rangers Super Megaforce. Who is ready to push forward and see what else will become part of the Power Rangers legacy?
  • So much for Malkor and his Warship. I wonder how Vrak will get out of that mess?
  • edited February 2014
    On February 2, 2013, Admiral Malkor came to Earth with plans to destroy the Earth, but met resistance in the form of the Power Rangers Megaforce. For a year he has sent insectoid monsters, had the Toxic Mutants recruited, and did everything he could to ensure Earth's destruction before the "others" arrived. On November 2, 2013 Malkor entered a cocoon to enhance his strength and powers. On November16, 2013 Malkor finally emerged from his cocoon and initiated his ultimate plan to destroy Earth. After nearly a whole year, Malkor was finally destroyed by the Megaforce Power Rangers, and so was his Warstar ship.

Goodbye ADMIRAL MALKOR
  • edited October 2016
    After seeing the Human Condition, I feel surprised. I thought Malkor and Trakeena's final battle would be similar, but it wasn't. Trakeena was an insect and when she entered a slimy cocoon, she came out with new powers and looks. Malkor was an insect and when he entered a technological-looking cocoon, he came out with new powers, but the same look.

I thought Malkor would look like this when he came out

"The Human Condition" and the previous episodes all give me a big theory. Malkor is a "Warstar" admiral, Vrak is a royal alien trying to prove to his family that he "alone deserves to lead", the Aurora Box was from Vrak's family, Malkor said "others" would be arriving. All this adds to my theory of Malkor serving a high force.
    My theory: Warstar is a organization led by Vrak's royal family. The leaders send their Admiral (Malkor), Vrak, and Malkor's warrior (Creepox) ahead of the armada to check out Earth and destroy it before they arrive. This would mean that the rest of the Warstar forces will be the main villains in Power Rangers Super Megaforce.
  • I'm willing to bet Vrak survived the destruction of the Warstar ship but badly wounded.
  • We won't have to wait long to find what happens next. With what happened in "The Human Condition", we may have interesting events happening soon.
  • edited November 2013
    Today, November 23, 2013, on Power Rangers Megaforce, episode 20 "The Messenger" the Rangers get an unexpected surprise. The Rangers fought hard to destroy him, they thought they ended the war in "The Human Condition"... But they were wrong. Metal Alice has ensured that the war continues.
    Behold, the return of Vrak. He's been rebuilt for revenge.

He demonstrated near the end of "The Messenger" that he is more powerful than we originally thought. He countered Black Ranger's Rock attack with his own Rock attack, when Blue, Yellow, and Pink combined powers, he knocked it away, when Red Ranger got close, Vrak unleashed an electric attack from his entire body.
  • edited January 2014
    Vrak and Metal Alice are the last of the villains on Earth. Creepox, Bigs, Bluefur, and Malkor were all destroyed. But now, a new force has arrived. A villain hidden somewhere in space has sent down someone to report on Vrak and Metal Alice's activities and to make sure the Earth is ready to be invaded by the Armada. This "someone" is here to send a message to the "Prince" and the Armada, letting them know when the time is right to invade Earth. Behold the villain from another group of villains....
    THE MESSENGER

It gets worse than that. Vrak has given the Messenger the "go" to summon the Armada. A bigger war is about to begin. The Armada may mark the final season of Power Rangers.
    Here's the clip of the Armada's debut.
  • edited November 2013
    Power Rangers fans, we are nearing the end of the 1st season of Megaforce. Does anyone have want to give their opinion about the season.

I think that the season had a nice beginning. We got to meet the characters and learn about their characteristics. It had a nice, simple beginning. I think it got more interesting as the season progressed. I think the Toxic Mutants made the show more interesting to watch and they were excellent villains. At times, there were parts that could have been done better, like the final battle with Creepox. It felt anti-climatic. Another problem is that the show is going a bit fast. Some details that are put into the show seem to be left out. Anyone besides me notice that the Rangers are high schoolers, but he hardly see Harwood County High (the high school) and we never meet their parents. (MMPR and PRDT did a great job with high school details). Things were constantly changing. Another prob was that there weren't a lot of original villain footage. The same footage was repeated and mirrored. They also made tons of confusions. There were things that weren't established (sometimes not right away like the names of things) like if Malkor knew about Metal Alice's existance, or if "Warstar" refers to just Malkor, Vrak, and Creepox or a bigger force. I think many people can agree with me when I say that Gosei and Tensou aren't given enough screen time. There have only been a few episodes that actually got my adrenaline going. There are probably more details, but I'm not gonna make this very long. Long story short, the season is good, but not MEGA good.

For those of you that like the OVERANALYZED guys (Toby and Josh), here's a link to the search of Overanalyzed: Megaforce. They give their opinions about each episode of Power Rangers Megaforce
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GirlsHeartGeeks2/search?query=Megaforce

What's your opinion about POWER RANGERS MEGAFORCE?
    Here's the 1st episode of Megaforce. Watch it and use it to decide how you feel about the season?
  • edited January 2014
    The end of season 1 of Power Rangers Megaforce has come, and Super Megaforce will be here soon. Vrak, Metal Alice, and the Messenger made a big battle to destroy the Rangers. They sent the last of the Loogies to destroy the Rangers, but now the Loogies are gone forever. The Messenger fought a hard battle against the Rangers, but underestimated their will and power. His body was destroyed, but he managed to give Vrak one last message before going offline, permanently. Metal Alice arrived to protect her master/creator and fought the Power Rangers alone. The Rangers damaged her beyond repair Vrak let her die after commending her for her loyalty.

Goodbye LOOGIES
    Goodbye MESSENGER
    Goodbye METAL ALICE

They may be gone, but Vrak has unleashed a powerful force on Earth. He has given his brother's (Prince Vekar) armada the "go" to begin the invasion of Earth. He has gone into hiding, but there's no doubt that he will return. Robo Knight used a lot of his own power to help the Power Rangers, but now he is missing in action.

Get ready Power Ranger fans, Super Megaforce is coming.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic" />
  • Really can't wait to see what happens next season with the transition from Megaforce to Super Megaforce.
  • edited December 2013
    @ sayla0079 I want to see what will happen too. Hopefully it will be "Super Mega"
    While we wait for Super Megaforce let's discuss what we think about the Megaforce season. What do you think of it?
    @PowerRangerPlanet , @NightMere10 , @Dubby , @sayla0079 , @MattEmily , @vgiannell5 , @Ranger91 , @DekaBlue , @Yanman10 , @PoisonLotus , @EHT30J1981 , @zeorangerboy , @iFresh , @GoldenTurbo , @darkvincentes , @zyusouken , @harsh , @PoisonLotus ?
  • edited December 2013
    Actually I just watched some of megaforce it's not the best season ever but it's better then Samurai for sure.
  • @sayla0079 I completely agree with you. The season was more interesting than Samurai as well as the acting is a lot better. But still, it seems to be missing something for me, a lot of the times it seems rushed in some episodes and sometimes I feel like there are bits of depth missing in the episodes. But overall, Megaforce looks promising as it goes into Super Megaforce. Hopefully, that will be a great season!
  • @sayla0079 I completely agree with you. The season was more interesting than Samurai as well as the acting is a lot better. But still, it seems to be missing something for me, a lot of the times it seems rushed in some episodes and sometimes I feel like there are bits of depth missing in the episodes. But overall, Megaforce looks promising as it goes into Super Megaforce. Hopefully, that will be a great season!
    Especially when it comes to bringing back some rangers from the past to help fight the Armada.