New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Forever Red Powers Explained.

edited October 2012 in General Discussion
So i was just writing this for a friend and thought i'd share my opinion

he asked how did Jason, Aurico, Tommy and TJ have the powers for Forever Red?

Answer:

Jason: He departed during the "power transfer" and as he was still morphed it's likely his power coin maintains some but potentially limited power, as for the other MMPR coins (Zack and Trini are like Jason. Whilst Rocky, Tommy, Kimberly, Billy, Aisha and Adam's dino coins where damaged when the thunder zords were destroyed, see Always a chance for damaged coin. The Ninja power coins were destroyed by Rita and Zedd)

Aurico: The Alien Rangers still have their powers and are never seen to lose them.

Tommy: The Zeo powers were never explained on the show but basically i believe the Zeo crystal meant for alien beings became too powerful for the rangers and so Zordan, Billy and Alpha convert some of the Zeo power and their own and create the Turbo Powers, not as powerful as Zeo would potentially be but still allowed the rangers to use them.

TJ: The Turbo Powers were destroyed or so we believe, perhaps they became knocked offline when Eltar fell but if its restored then the Turbo Power might return... secondly Justin had a spare morpher so TJ could to in Lightning Cruiser.

Comments

• edited October 2012
    @Ranger91 I do like your theories and I agree with most of them however I don't agree with the Zeo one. Keep in mind that the Power Coins were created by Ninjor and they had no intended user, they didn't know if it was going to be a human or not.

Also on top of that, the Zeo Crystal's powers were split into 5 shards in order to give the Rangers their Zeo powers so it would take quite awhile for their individual powers to grow that strong.

In regards to Turbo. I do not believe the Turbo powers are destroyed. If you rewatch Chase into Space, you will see 2 things that will tell you this. The first thing is that Justin mentions that Eltar is the source of their power, this was never the case before.
    The second thing is during Part 2. Even after the destruction of the Power Chamber, the Rangers are still morphed. They don't demorph until a few seconds after Divatox and her group teleprt away, this likely signals the total fall of Eltar due to the capturing of Zordon.
  • @Ranger91I do like your theories and I agree with most of them however I don't agree with the Zeo one. Keep in mind that the Power Coins were created by Ninjor and they had no intended user, they didn't know if it was going to be a human or not.

Also on top of that, the Zeo Crystal's powers were split into 5 shards in order to give the Rangers their Zeo powers so it would take quite awhile for their individual powers to grow that strong.

In regards to Turbo. I do not believe the Turbo powers are destroyed. If you rewatch Chase into Space, you will see 2 things that will tell you this. The first thing is that Justin mentions that Eltar is the source of their power, this was never the case before.
    The second thing is during Part 2. Even after the destruction of the Power Chamber, the Rangers are still morphed. They don't demorph until a few seconds after Divatox and her group teleprt away, this likely signals the total fall of Eltar due to the capturing of Zordon.
    Whilst i agree about the power coins... it was stated the Zeo crystal gets stronger in time and therefore by the time of Turbo it had got too powerful, look how the rangers were able to defeat King Mondo (i know wasn't destroyed) their powers were vastly great at this point and guess the more they used them the more danger they put themselves in and knowing the rangers were going far away from the P.C in Turbo movie if they got too dangerous they'd have no way of getting home.

yeah i agree with the turbo part as i said, they could have been knocked offline temporarily when Eltar fell.
  • edited October 2012
    @Ranger91 yes, it was stated that but they were referring to the Crystal as a whole. The 5 Zeo Rangers' powers make up that whole so while the fully united Crystal would have likely been incredibly powerful, the individual Rangers didn't have the full powers due to it being split up.
    Also keep in mind that Trey's powers caused them to grow so it's possible some of his powers went into them in order for them to grow which increased their strength for the Giant battle.

You have a point with the movie but with the Crystal, they wouldn't have had a way of crossing the Nemesis Triangle.
  • edited October 2012
    I like the theories and agree with a lot of them, especially the part about using some of the Zeo powers and their own to create the Turbo Powers.

But I don't agree with the Zeo powers being built for Aliens. The Crystal was originally made to destroy anything that even had an ounce of Evil in it. and Tommy managed to fight it and broke the curse giving them the zeo Crystal. And They split the Zeo Crystal in different pieces so the evil wouldn't be able to find it and use the powers.

and then they went on the Zeo quest to get it back, and I am pretty sure the Crystal was brought back to one piece when they made the Zeo Powers. And I agree with the fact that the powers probably got to strong for them and over whelming and they had to transfer some of the crystals power and their own to form the new powers.

and the turbo powers were never destroyed, they were just gone... because of the fall of Eltar, because their turbo powers not only came from the Zeo Crystal, but from Eltar as well. It's very possible that the powers could have came back online when Eltar was back in command.

that's my theory anyway.