New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

TWO Super Sentais NEXT year ?1?

edited January 2012 in General Discussion
Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters is the official 36th Super Sentai Series, but TOEI decided to launch another Super Sentai series named Hikonin Sentai AkibaRanger (iterally: Unofficial Squadron).

This "Unofficial Squadron" is not part of the official line of Super Sentai but is still called a Super Sentai anyway. Consider it an "EX Super Sentai".

AkibaRanger will tell the story of three young people (a boy and two girls according tothe picture) being part of an otaku club and living in the new "Electric-Town" Akihabara. They will have to fight a mysterious malevolent entity that swore to conquer Earth with cool gadgets created by a brilliant genius. image

theirs more >>> http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/interest/2012-01-09/toei-to-launch-live-action-akibaranger-show-this-april

Comments

• Hmm, I know it says live action, but maybe it's animated? Either way, I don't see a problem with having two shows. Question is, will it be in the Sentai universe or not. Judging by the info though, it looks like it will.
  • if it becomes popular they could always work it into the official count anyway. kinda like how they went back and added Go-Ranger and JAKQ.
  • Sounds cool to me, three otaku kicking ass.
  • i dont think it is happening
  • it is its official but happening on a different channel