New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Where was Kat in DT?

edited January 2012 in General Discussion
In the zeo christmas episode we saw tommy with kat when they were older. so my question, where was Kat in power rangers dino thunder? i think it woulda been cool if they brought her back and made her the 6th dino ranger. the pink ranger. it woulda been interesting

Comments

• In production/behind the scenes wise, they only asked for an old Ranger back to bring up ratings, and JDF was always a fan favorite (although if Austin St. John wasn't in Zeo as the Gold Ranger, he would've played Tommy's part in Dino Thunder).

I never really thought about Kat not being there. I wanted to see if she and Tommy were still together in Wild Force. In the original 1hour draft of the script, she was supposed to make a cameo. But, I figured that she was still in England at her dance school and sometime later she and Tommy met up again.

I personally hated Kat as a character and was happy she wasn't there.
  • I think it just came down to Disney wanting to boost ratings by bringing back a fan favorite and not caring as much about consistency with past seasons
  • They could have brought her back, but that would cost a lot more money, considering there isn't any footage for a pink dino thunder ranger. They would have to create a whole new costume and film a bunch of brand new scenes with the pink ranger fighting with the rest of the rangers. It would be very costly. That's most likely why it didn't happen.
  • edited January 2012
    They could have brought her back, but that would cost a lot more money, considering there isn't any footage for a pink dino thunder ranger. They would have to create a whole new costume and film a bunch of brand new scenes with the pink ranger fighting with the rest of the rangers. It would be very costly. That's most likely why it didn't happen.
    what if they did what they did with trini in early mmpr and cast her as the black ranger?

then have tommy either permenantly in the mentor role or make him the white ranger instead of trent?
  • it would have been cool for both tommy + kat in dt
  • what if they did what they did with trini in early mmpr and cast her as the black ranger?

then have tommy either permenantly in the mentor role or make him the white ranger instead of trent?
    Because they needed Trent in the white ranger role to kinda play the "Tommy" role as what happened in early MMPR. Besides, yellow is a unisex color I doubt they would've put Kat in black if she was pink the whole time. Not to mention, that with Tommy being back on the show, I doubt they would just have him serve as the mentor role when everybody that watched the show would've wanted to see him as a Ranger again.

• Good point it was just a thought
  • Oh I know, I'm just saying
  • i wouldn't care if Kat was a ranger or not, i was just wondering where she was! like maybe make a cameo appearance? it would make sense since that one Christmas Episode of Zeo it showed Tommy & Kat old & married haha
  • edited January 2012
    I wish she was in Dino Thunder! I liked her better than Kim by far! Kim was cool, demo... she was a show off and tried to hard to catch Tommy's eye. Kat was way better for him him. They both became rangers the same way. Plus she was willing to throw away her happines (liking Tommy) to get him a date with that ski girl. She set him up with her for a date and worked REALLY hard on it to make it a perfect first date for them. Tommy was WAY more protective an caring for Kat than he was for Kim. *sighs* they are so CUTE! Kim would NEVER have done that for him. She would be after the girl trying to get her guy. TommyXKat FOREVER!
  • Personally I was happy she wasn't in Dino Thunder. It's not to say I hated her but I wasn't to fond of her. Plus I can't think where she would fit in the series, I mean she could have done Hayley's role I guess... but I'm just glad she wasn't there.
  • I personally like Hayley in DT than Kat... In Primal Rage, I have Tommy and Hayley married with baby Kim, named after Tommy's first official love. He just made cameo apperances of course, But I kinda made Primal Rage close to DT, because it showed all the rangers except Connor... Funny how noone noticed he wasn't in the series, haha. I mean Ethan was, and Kira and Trent were rangers, and Tommy was in there, the only ranger that didn't appear was Connor... I know, shouldn't be talking about my fic in a place for Dino Thunder, but I just find it funny I never wrote him in...
  • honestly im glad that kat didnt make an appearance in dino thunder i thought that splitting tommy and kim up was a bad idea and it sucks that they did that as for the whole zeo episode where they showed kat and tommy growing old together and married the only reason they did that was cause they killed off the tommy and kim relationship and many ranger fans still think that tommy and kim should have been together
  • Every fan wanted to see Tommy & Kim together forever. but i was honestly pretty sad when Kat replaced kim but excited at the same time. But I still feel Kim was the better ranger because i cant remember a time were Kat actually did anything good. lol
  • I had no problem with kimberly and tommy breaking up now that I look back at it years later the problem I (and some other people) have is the way it was done.