New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

What Happened to the Zeo Crystal?

Comments

• The turbo morphers power is seperate from that of the zeo crystals. Proof of that is seen with Forever Red. Red Zeo Ranger alongside the red turbo ranger. Also there were 2 sets of red turbo morphers. TJ had one and the robo TJ had one. You never see them hand over the morphers in the robo ranger ep. There wasn't much time really to have passed for them to have handed it over off screen. It also would have been pointless to take away any power the robo rangers had since they were being sent to Eltar to help Zordon

As for the red dino coin. I don't think. the powers were replicated on to a new coin. Creating a new power coin isn't exactly something that is easy to do. For one thing you got to keep in mind Zordon didn't create the power coins in the first place. Ninjor did that. The only coin Zordon created was the white tiger coin and that took a lot of time. More time then would have passed in that time frame in that episode. Something else to also consider, the original powers were pretty much linked to the rangers themselves. Does anyone recall when Kim when back in time to the western days? She didn't give Kim the pink power coin because she said she already had enough pink energy in her. He could have easily said cause she had a coin already but didn't. With the powers being interconnected with the rangers body, The Sword of Light was needed to be able to safely break the connection and transfer the powers and connection over to another person. Likely the person who the power needed transferring to, would need the power coin in their possession. We have seen cases where the coins were removed and they didn't instantly demorph. This is likely because of their connection with the Dino Coins. It is possible under the right conditions, they could maintain their morphs long enough for the powers to transfer over to the other rangers. Then as they demorphed as they were teleported away. Before you say it wouldn't be possible for both to be morphed, even for that short amount of time as we saw because their powers share the same source on the morphing grid, think back to Dino Thunder where we saw 2 white rangers for an even longer period of time. That evil white clone didn't even have the dino gem in his possession.

Another thing I think that hints at the close connection the dino coins had with the rangers who had them. Before they morphed for the first time, putties kicked their butts. Then after the first morph, they were able to take them on unmorphed. The same went for Tommy. He had trouble handling the putties in Green With Evil part 1. After receiving his powers and becoming morphed for the first time, he too could take on putties without morphing. Now I do think most ranger powers somehow boost rangers in their unmorphed state. But I think most of these powers weren't tied in as closely with the rangers bodies as the dino coins. The ninja coins powers we saw could just be handed over. This indicated these later version of the coins didn't tie in as close to the person's body as the original. A nice improvement by Ninjor there.
  • Jam is correct however Kimberly didn't say anything when she went back to the old west. The Zordon of that time was the one that said it. While he did have the Pink Power Coin, he stated that they couldn't use it as long as she was using her powers since too much pink energy could be dangerous.

Also Jam, keep in mind that Kimberly was the only one who gave her Ninja Coin to someone else (Kat) and it was after Alpha had found a way to change the source. Remember when Kat (while evil) had stolen Kimberly's Coin, Kimberly kept on weakening. However eventually Alpha found a new source so that Kimberly wouldn't weaken anymore even though she didn't have her Coin.
  • I ment to say he not she. lol. Made a typo. I know it was zordon who said it. Your right on the ninja coins too. Though it seems clear the ninja coin powers were a lot easier to transfer. No swords needed for that one. lol
  • edited January 2012
    Well keep in mind it was just 1 Ranger in Season 3 transferring it.

The first instance had 3. That is why the Sword was needed for that. Here's a quote that I decided to throw onto my website for safe keeping.

"Here's the short conversation after Zordon said that a power transfer must be carried out, Tommy had asked "Is it possible?" and Zordon replied with "It is possible but very difficult, because of the enormous amounts of power required, the transfer can only be achieved in one place, you must travel to the Deserted Planet."
  • Even 1 with the dino coins would have been difficult and I am pretty sure they would have needed the sword for that. Though I gotta wonder how Jason was able to handle both his red energy and some of Tommy's green energy when he had ahold of the dragonzord coin for a while and used it on occasion for things such as summoning the dragonzord. Though that probably wasn't too much of a drain.
  • Considering they didn't do it with the Dragon Coin, that should tell you something. Granted it was running low on power due to the Green Candle spell but there was probably still enough power for Jason to be able to use its energies to power the Dragonzord.
  • Too bad they didn't do the green candle like Zyuranger did it. Of course if they had, we would have had a dead Tommy. lol
  • Indeed and Fox Kids wouldn't have ever allowed that. Personally I'm shocked they allowed them killing Zordon.
  • I don't think Zordon is dead. I don't think he was freed in the same sense as most people tend to think it. I think what Laragot did for him was give him some sort of mobility. Allow him to move his projection or whatever to other energy tubes further away. We know the guy had a body at one point. We know he was trapped in a time warp. If he had truly been freed, wouldn't he have been back with a body? I think he is still trapped in the time warp but he is just unable to make contact with their dimension because of Andros destroying the tube he was projecting himself into. Let's face it if Zordon was that easy to kill, why wouldn't Rita just had evil Tommy destroy whatever tube he is in? Instead she has him messing up the computer stuff causing the ranger's to lose communication with him.
  • I don't really agree with that. I personally believe Zordon is as dead as ever. and we don't even know what Rita trapping him in a time warp actually did. Sure, it's possible Lerigot actually freed him from the time warp but it's possible he didn't have a body anymore.

and the reason why Rita couldn't do anything is because when he was in the Command Center/Power Chamber, it was just a Plasma Tube which meant he wasn't actually "in the tube" at all. It was just a transmission. Once Dark Specter captured him, he was in a "Energy Tube" which means his essence was actually in it.
  • I think this debate will never have an answer cause the writers were stupid and forgot all about who and exactly what Zordon was and how he came to be. Something established in MMPR. I would think had he been freed and his body being gone, he would die. Simple as that. The thing with Zordon though is there is always more then meets the eye. Zordon could be dead. But he could also be alive somewhere unable to make contact with that dimension. Also we have no idea where supreme good being in the Power Rangers universe ends up. We know where the evil guys go though. lol. Zordon could still exist somewhere on some higher plane. Just like the evil villains still exist in the Abyss of Evil/ Shadow World. I believe Yes I believe them to be one and the same. Just to different people the place has different names. BTW if anyone notices, the outside area of the Abyss of evil that opens up in Ninja Storm is different then it was in Dino Thunder. Leading me to believe there are multiple possible entrances to it.
  • who knows. We don't know how his species work. It's possible his species is capable of surviving without a body. Or perhaps it's possible he just wanted to keep the same appearance regardless of whether he had a body after being freed or not.

and yea, I agree with you. The Shadow World/Abyss is just their version of where monsters go to lay to rest. Same with the Spirit World for the Orgs.

However we do know that Animus had been sent to some world after he was destroyed the first time and the 4 Masters in Jungle Fury had been sent to the Spirit World after being killed off.
  • It could easily be a different spirit world for each. One for good. One for evil which is likely also the abyss/shadow world.
  • Zordon is basically god in the power rangers universe. He lives forever :)
  • Actually that would be Animus, lol.