New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

WHO WAS THE PHANTOM RANGER?

Comments

• i made like 2 posts yesterday & 4 today? how is that trying to get your post count up?
  • I saw an episode from PRT and I noticed that Billy's and Phantom Ranger's voice don't match, plus they mentioned that Phantom Ranger is from Eltar (Billy was from Earth and stayed on Aquitar), so his identity will always be unknown.
  • i made like 2 posts yesterday & 4 today? how is that trying to get your post count up?
    It doesn't matter how many posts you made in that day, but what you say in it. Whether or not it adds to the discussion or not. A lot of times you just re-iterate what you have already said, or you just agree with people.

For example, if you scroll up you can see yourself just agreeing with Cassie and repeating what she said, as well as repeating yourself in the same post. In the "What Happened to the Zeo Crystal" thread all you recently just put was "What he said" in response to MattEmily.

I could go on, however, I don't want to get into a fight with you about something you're obviously doing.

Now back on topic:
    I saw an episode from PRT and I noticed that Billy's and Phantom Ranger's voice don't match, plus they mentioned that Phantom Ranger is from Eltar (Billy was from Earth and stayed on Aquitar), so his identity will always be unknown.
    Billy could still be the Phantom Ranger. Yes, they did get a different voice actor for the role because David Yost left on bad terms. (If you don't know what happened, go tot he Billy as Gold Zeo Ranger thread). And with him going to Aquitar with advanced technology he could easily create a new suit and find out a way to stay in his younger state and then go to Eltar. We don't know if he always stayed on Eltar. So there's still hope out there. Don't rule him out just for things like that.
  • personally i really don't care about post counts....
    and if you ever noticed. Treys voice & the gold rangers never really matched up either at first. so yeah. its very possible billy could have used something to change his voice to hide is identity similar to what the gold ranger did at first.
  • How did Trey even hide his voice, even as a Ranger? Brad's voice sounded the same regardless of whether he was voicing a Trey or a morphed Trey.
  • idk. i just thought his voice sounded different when he was morphed then his human form did.
  • A better example would have been Ninja Storm's Thunders or even Dino Thunder's White Ranger since they did hide their voices.
  • thats true. trents voice didnt sound like trent either when he was morphed...but to mee treys voice didnt sound like trey when he was morphed. thats just me though might not be like that with other people.
  • Brad Hawkins only did the voice for morphed Trey. The Triplets that played all three Trey's did their own voices. Unless I misunderstood what you're talking about?
  • thats true. trents voice didnt sound like trent either when he was morphed...but to mee treys voice didnt sound like trey when he was morphed. thats just me though might not be like that with other people.
    Yea but that was on purpose. Trent sounded different morphed during the point he was evil as a Ranger. Once he became good, he no longer hid his voice.

NightMere, Brad did the dubbing 100%. Not just as the Ranger. He also voiced the Treys as well. So I'm guessing Dubby thought they sounded differently.

• Why get actors to play Trey if he voiced for all of them then? I mean, we saw Trey morphed, and in the "viewing globe" as a transmission. But, I figured they would've given the speaking parts of Trey to the triplets that played all three parts
  • As I understand it, they didn't feel the triplets that played the Treys were very good actors so they just opted to use them in a human role that allowed them to speak but you never heard what they sounded like. It also would have been cheaper to do that as well.
  • Ah good point. Well, if it was their first acting job that makes sense. At that point the cast was filled with people who've been acting on the show for a while. It makes more sense when i think of it that way
  • Yup... very true plus you know Saban. Always willing to do whatever possible to keep costs low.
  • yup thats saban for you. hes cheep samurai is proof of this ;)