New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

How can I have all Power Rangers seasons at home?

edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Little known fact. I was born the same year the Power Rangers started, but I was born months before the show started and became part of our lives. My question is one that I think all the fans are asking. How can we get all the Power Rangers seasons and episodes on video cassette or DVD? Many of us might live longer than the show will. One day the internet might delete all videos of the Power Rangers and we will be left with despair so I say "Let's get the Power Rangers for ourselves before they are destroyed by the ultimate weapon: The DELETE button"

Comments

• I think you can watch at NetFlix
  • I suggest you wait until they release them on dvd, or purchase the german releases. Or the obvious, download/burn them all.
  • if you are in the states then you can watch them on netflix, if you aren't then you can download/burn them from here(Like PRP suggested)
  • Isn't it illegal to make copies of movies and TV shows like that? If not than I will take your advice, but I would need good quality and sound. Where could I get vids like that online?
  • lmao....thats all i gotta say....
  • was pointing that towards PRThunder haha
  • You could definitely argue that. If there is no official release available and it is only for personal use (aka, you're not selling them or making money from them in any way), the argument for it being okay could definitely be made.
  • Ok. Corey you're saying that as long as we use the copies we made for personal uses, but not for selling or making money we are allowed to burn the downloaded episodes on to a disc?
  • That would be true PRThunder!
  • edited February 2012
    Technically it wouldn't be true. It would be against the law to even download unauthorized episodes but very few companies will even care about the users that download.

They would be more likely to go after any of the following:
    1. The ones who make money off of unauthorized content
    2. The ones who upload the unauthorized content.

It's why you might find people online at other sites who are paranoid due to the Feds shutting down MegaUpload because they would have access to user information and all IP Addresses that accessed the site and what they downloaded provided the site kept logs and it sounds like they did.

The Feds would have the right to go after any user (registered or not) that downloaded unauthorized copyrighted material regardless of whether it's license in your country or not.

Of course the Feds would be more concerned about the unauthorized access of U.S. copyrighted stuff.
  • You could argue non-commercial fair use in this situation, though. But, as you said, it is very highly unlikely that anyone would even go after you. They have better ways to use their time and money.
  • You could but such an excuse wouldn't hold up in court since you still downloaded it. I'm sure they don't care what you do with it after downloading it as long as you don't make money off of it though but it's unlikely companies would go after downloaders.

The only company that is nuts enough to do that is the RIAA.
  • @darkvincentes, that's exactly what everyone is saying.
  • I'm glad I posted this discussion