New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Previous Super Sentai teams converted to Power Rangers?

edited February 2012 in General Discussion
As some of you heard, Saban might be continuing the Power Rangers until 2013/2014. But what if somone buys the rights and tries to continue the legacy? I've checked out a Super Sentai page and saw that the Pirate season might not be compatible with the Rangers cause I think it might make the Rangers look stupid. All the Ranger powers in a toy-key that looks like them? It sounds silly. If they decide to continue the series after 2014 they might wanna consider using a few previous Sentai seasons to make new Ranger seasons. The team used to make MMPR was Zyuranger. What teams before Zyuranger would be good for Power Rangers?
SUPER SENTAI database: http://supersentai.com/database/
POWER RANGERS database: http://www.rangercentral.com/database/

Comments

• i dont think that would be such a good idea. mainly because the quality of the older seasons of sentai are crap. and most shows these days are recorded in 5.1 hd. i think they could do Gokaiger in america if they think it over carefully and actually take the time to write the episodes. plus not to mention they could always skip it and do Go-busters.
  • Saban is not going to be ending Power Rangers any time soon. The ratings for Samurai are very high and I'm pretty sure the toy sales are doing well too. The franchise is pretty much a license for Saban to print money.

As for Gokaiger (the pirate themed sentai season), I can tell that you clearly haven't watched it because it is an absolutely fantastic season. The Ranger Keys thing really isn't a problem and doesn't make them look silly at all. Plus, the Ranger Keys are a brilliant move for toy sales, as people want to have all the keys. The problem that I see facing Saban if they are to adapt Gokaiger is the fact that pre-Zyuranger powers and suits are used relatively often. They would have to find a way to explain that for them to be able to adapt Gokaiger.

As for adapting any of the pre-Zyuranger sentais, no, just no. Remember the video quality of the Zyuranger footage in MMPR? When you look back at it nowadays, it's actually pretty bad. It was perfectly fine at the time, but nowadays, it isn't. If you go further back then Zyuranger, the video quality of the sentai footage is going to get even worse. People nowadays wouldn't put up with it, especially after Samurai being aired in HD.
  • As some of you heard, Saban might be continuing the Power Rangers until 2013/2014.
    There's not "might" about it. He's continuing PR through 2014. So basically, unless he plans on doing more (which I'm assuming it's a year by year thing we'll find out), it'll stop at 2015
  • edited February 2012
    What if the fans convince Saban to keep doing Power Rangers passed 2014?
  • again, I don't see why he wouldn't be doing more. There is no indication that it is doing badly, on the contrary, it's doing extremely well. It's probably just a year by year thing.
  • power rangers is timeless, its been apart of my life for 18 out of 21 years :D
  • Power Rangers are my life. I was born 2 months before MMPR season 1 began. If there are others like me then they know what will happen if Power Rangers ends for good.
  • I was 3 when power rangers came out. So yeah same here PTThunder :)
  • edited February 2012
    I can only see them going forward with stories. As we've seen with MMPR, they may skip over a season by only using the zords and monsters. The only way I can see pre-zyuranger stuff coming to America is if some parody show comes out.

I was 4 when MMPR came out, and I still have the three megazords in a box somewhere...
  • Saban would make so much money and get even more fans by showing a season that goes back to all the other ones. I can imagine that they would film some of there own footage to make up the difference of missing the seasons before zyuranger. They are even supposed to film there own 199 battle opening scene for power rangers.
  • Good to know there are others like me. And glad you agree with me Ley
  • One question though if you mean series wise adapting the older sentai series how do you think they would handle the yellow four change over in bioman?
  • edited February 2012
    They would probably put her in a short-time coma, then have her awake later on. Does anyone want to put up a video of which Super Sentai team (before Zyuranger) would make great Power Rangers. Here are 2 videos of Super Sentai FlashMan. 1: A Flashman opening, MMPR style. 2: A video of Flashman where a Ranger fan put Time Force music in it. and
  • @PRThunder

You know what happend with the yellow 4 thing in bioman right?
  • edited February 2012
    Only if they do gorenger with the football :P