New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Hikonin Sentai Akibaranger: Official Discussion

Well, here's Akibaranger. I don't know too much about it, other than the fact that it's going to be airing alongside Go-Busters, and that it's being directed to more of an adult audience. As far as I know, it's not in the Sentai universe at all, just the same theme.

Hikōnin Sentai Akibaranger follows three protagonists who live in Akihabara's Electric Town among other otaku. When the trio learn that a malevolent entity plans to annihilate their neighborhood, they become warriors to wipe out evil — with the help of super gear created by a beautiful and brilliant genius. According to current rumors, the Akibaranger's secret base/hideout is a "Sentai Cafe," a Super Sentai version of the popular maid cafe in Japan.

Here are the actors/actresses that'll be playing the roles.

Akibarangers

The Professor

Hikonin Sentai Akibaranger is set to air in April!?

Official Website - http://www.akibaranger.jp/

Comments

• huh, looks interesting. so its not part of the sentai world even though its part of super sentai?
  • Two girls and one guy? This looks different. Usually when they start with three heroes, it's always two guys and one girl. I think the blue one is a girl, just like the yellow one.
  • huh, looks interesting. so its not part of the sentai world even though its part of super sentai?
    Sort've. It's the same theme, same style of show. I guess you can call it sentai, but it's completely separate. Meaning, it won't acknowledge any other series.
  • huh, sounds interesting. basically what your saying is, its by the same people of sentai but just different show series?
  • huh, sounds interesting. basically what your saying is, its by the same people of sentai but just different show series?
    Exactly. Except the main writer/director have only worked on Kamen Rider, not super sentai.
  • It's Super Sentai, but it's an "extra", unnumbered or unofficial season. It's even in the name, "Unofficial Sentai Akibaranger".
  • Oh ok, that makes more sense.
  • I kinda find it funny how the two female rangers have armored breasts. :P
  • I kinda find it funny how the two female rangers have armored breasts. :P
    Well, the male also has an armored chest, it's just the shape lol
  • Apparently no sub group is interested in subbing it so if U want to see it itll have to be raw which sucks as it seems more interesting than gobusters
  • Apparently no sub group is interested in subbing it so if U want to see it itll have to be raw which sucks as it seems more interesting than gobusters
    Hopefully it turns out to be great, that would make someone interested in subbing it.
  • im sure someone will sub it :)
  • I think its more that nobody really knows what to expect from it and, with Go-Busters going on at the same time, that is the safer choice at the moment. If it turns out to be good, I'm sure someone will sub it.
  • Overtime have said they will probably sub akibaranger YAY
  • the only thing i dont get, is why 2 girls and one guy? will there be 2 more joining later in the show?