New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Power Rangers Megaforce: Official Discussion

Comments

• I actually think that Saban bought the rights back because he didn't like what Disney was doing with PR. And Fox Kids doesn't exist any more.
  • yeah i bet nick is tellin saban to do all this 20 ep each season 2 season...
  • edited July 2012
    That's because they are. It was part of the contract Saban signed to have the episodes shown on Nick. Nick always stretches out the number of episodes in the season throughout the year.
  • 20 eps a year sucks and i think its one of the reasons i don't watch Super Samurai. I watched every ep of Samurai when it was released last year but i've only seen 1 ep of S.S cos i'm not that bothered about it now and i'm waiting for Mega Force.

and with these long delays it's going to be 2015 by the time we get Gokaiger which is some four years after it was aired in Japain and by the time Go-busters in 2017 it will be 5 years surely it can't keep going at that rate?
  • I suppose this could allow Saban to skip Sentai but they have a deal with Toei to show every Sentai which is one of the reasons MegaForce is Goseiger as opposed to Gokaiger
  • edited July 2012
    @NightMere10 There won't be a 2015 season. I read an article on the computer a few months ago and it said they are making Power Rangers until 2014. Megaforce will probably be the last Ranger team. Enjoy the Power Rangers while you can Ranger fans
  • Then I really hope that Saban don't show the episodes on Nick anymore as it ruining the classic "one season a year" and causing PR to have two completely different season with different meanings.
  • edited July 2012
    @PRThunder: No, no, no you read that wrong. The article said that Nick RENEWED Saban's contract until 2014, which means, they'll be showing Megaforce on Nickelodeon through 2014. Why else do you think he bought the 4Kids block? Once 2014 is over, he'll most likely move it to 4Kids in 2015. (There is also the probability that he could keep it on Nick, but I don't think he'd want to do the 20 episode/2 year thing after all the complaints fans have with lack of promotion).

There's NO WAY Saban would stop PR after how popular it's become again and how the toy sales are doing. Saban wouldn't give up after two seasons, especially with how big the 20th anniversary will be. Saban won't be ending PR anytime soon. Plus, if Megaforce WAS the last season, we'd all know it by now.
  • Saban isn't gonna stop making power rangers just because his contract is over in 2015. He will mostly likely either renew his contract or find another tv company such as 4kids or disney.
  • But after Goseiger there is only Gokaiger. If he gets to Gokaiger then he will have reached the end of the line. Power Rangers is so dependent on Super Sentai. Super Sentai finally ended which leaves Power Rangers with an inevitable end. I have a feeling that the end is in 2014. Besides, he gave up the show once, so he could give it up again.
  • edited July 2012
    @PRThunder what the crap are you talking about super sentai isn't over, it's going strong right now with gobusters
  • edited July 2012
    By the time we get to 2015, we'll be 5 sentais behind if he continues to do 20 episodes/2 years. If that continues, we'd be even farther behind! You're not making any sense.

Update: One of the Rangers may be from New Zealand and there's a chance they already cast him/her. The American Rangers will find out if they got the part sometime next week. As for their twitters, people at Saban have been cracking down on what they tweet just in case they give too much away. (Although I think it'd be cool that whoever they cast is for RoboKnight)
  • Ok ok. So @EAGLE_1 got me with Gobusters, but Gobusters can't be Power Rangers. And @NightMere10 how is it possible that "By the time we get to 2015, we'll be 5 sentais behind!"?
  • edited July 2012
    We've already got Go-Busters because of how long it took to cast Megaforce. With Goseiger, Gokaiger, and Go-Busters still not adapted yet, by the time Megaforce airs in 2013 and gets stretched out over the two years, we could be 3, maybe even 4 Sentais behind (Gokaiger, Go-Busters, 2013 Sentai and 2014 sentai). If Gokaiger lasts two years, it'd be (Go-Busters, 2013 Sentai, 2014 Sentai, 2015 Sentai, and 2016 Sentai) etc. etc.

If you keep stretching the seasons out every two years, you'll just fall farther and farther behind. And with the materials the suits are made out of, they'll degrade before you can use 'em. Saban will keep making PR as long as there is a Sentai to adapt it from. Once he moves onto one 40 episode season a year, we'll have no problem with keeping up.

Case in point, PR won't be cancelled any time soon. (Hell, Saban had been trying to get PR back from Disney for YEARS before he got it back in 2010. If that's not dedication, I don't kow what is).
  • yeah i agree, i think the show will eventually get even more behind sentai then what it already is, we should be at gokaiger already! instead we're still on Shinkenger...