New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Why did Power Rangers Turbo suck! Ratings low... etc..

Comments

• IMA hav to agree with yall the original divatox was way better n funnier she played that character villain very well prob one of the best funniest main villains in power rangers history but her replacement in the other hand was lame! she suck.. she was plain n boring tried to be funny but came out not funny at all!!
  • Season 1's ending didn't really lead anywhere... it just kind of stopped. A lot of which is because it was unexpectedly extended. Same with season 2, which doesn't have the same excuse. "The Wedding" could've been a great finale, but it kept chugging along, mostly with filler that led nowhere. Season 3 was the first one that had a real "finale" that actually led into the next one.

Zeo's ending implied the return of Zedd and Rita, which was supposed to lead somewhere but didn't. As discussed before, the Turbo movie kinda-sorta led off from Zeo, but not very well. The end of Turbo was a real finale and led very well into Space.

But as for the middle not really going anywhere? That's true of almost all the early seasons. Zeo was somewhat unique in that it continually introduced new powers, weapons, or characters in almost every episode, making it mostly free of "filler". But all three Mighty Morphin seasons, especially the first two, were loaded with directionless filler (almost ALL of season 1 is filler). Even Space had the occasional filler episode, despite the fact it was building to what was supposed to be the final conclusion.
  • I agree with UFAlien. I liked season 1 a lot though. It seemed to me that the mutiny could have easily been the ending to season 1, instead of the opening of season 2. and I agree about season 2. It didn't really have an ending. I think a lot of that was due to the making of the movie and ninja quest though. Season 3 had the first actual ending that lead into the next season.

Zeo's ending sucked because they wanted to make the Turbo movie. But they didn't do a very good job at leading zeo into turbo, and the random exit of Rocky, who is one of the greatest blue rangers of all time, replaced by a little kid who was annoying as heck and did nothing with his supposed prodigy brain!

The first half of Turbo was terrible, the 2nd half with the addition of the new team was pretty damn good I thought. And the ending was amazing, it was good. Lead right into In Space.

In space had everything, new powers, new rangers, new weapons, new bad guys, funny bad guys, excellent acting, great plot writing, and to conclude the season with Countdown to Destruction. Pure Genius.

Thus leading to the Quaser Quest, which was one of my personal favorite Power Ranger introduction series. and then having the In Space / Lost Galaxy teamup. Everyone has to be wondering though, WHERE THE HECK WAS ZHANE?
  • If you thought Zhane not being in the In Space/Lost Galaxy teamup was bad, neither Mike and Ryan appeared in the Lost Galaxy/Lightspeed Rescue teamup.
  • Because Ryan wasn't on the team at the time, because he was looking for something more important. And Mike lost his powers.
  • Since when has losing powers ever really mattered before? It didn't really stop anyone in the all Red Rangers episodes from Wild Force.
  • Perhaps Russel didn't wanna do it?
  • @DekaBlue has a point. If they wanted to use the Magna Defender then all they have to do is find a way to get the Magna Sword in the real world then to get the spirit in touch with Mike.
    However I personally don't thinik they had any interest in using him.
    As far as I was aware of, "Trakeena's Revenge" had been filmed before they had even gotten around to writing the episodes that had Ryan in them.
  • STAY ON TOPIC THIS IS TURBO SUCKING BACK THEN THAT WERE TALKING ABOUT NOT LOST GALAXY!
  • We never did figure out who the Phantom Ranger was when he left Earth.
  • Don't talk in caps, it makes you sound like you're yelling at us over something silly... and if you read all the previous posts i was talking about the story in order till Lost galaxy because of the In Space team up which also had to deal with Zordon and what not. so we were never off topic...
  • UM U ARE THIS IS ABOUT TURBO NOT ZORDON N UR ALWAYS ODD TOPC!! N YESS IM SCREAMIN
  • edited September 2012
    Nice grammar, what are you like five?
    my reason for bringing Zordon into the topic was because the show was stupid after they got rid of him and you asked why and i was pointing out the history of why Zordon left. So shut up, you sound like you're 3 with that grammar and spelling.

Also, how the hell am I always off topic? I've read my posts and I'm always on topic. I barley strayed from the topic, and also you were the one that asked why they got rid of Zordon and I was giving you an answer you asshole.

and then this topic got blah so we started talking about the team ups.

• my reason for bringing Zordon into the topic was because the show was stupid after they got rid of him
    I agree with you @Dubby
  • I mean all demtria did was ask them long dried out questions that left us confused. And Alpha 6 was useless and didn't understand half of the controls. At least Zordon was helpful and new what everything was and Alpha and Billy put there brains together and made great tools and weapons for the rangers to use to defeat Zedd and Rita and the Machine Empire. Demtria did nothing and Alpha 6 and Justin hardly invented any new weapons. They only got a new mega zord because the Phantom Ranger had it made already. Also, we all know what happened to Zordon, but whatever became of Alpha 5?