New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Bring ZORDON back in POWER RANGERS MEGAFORCE? Yes or No?

Comments

• The Z-Wave is not his life energy. If anyone watches "Countdown to Destruction Part 2" you would hear him say "Shatter my Energy Tube. Only the good energy from my tube can stop the forces of evil" I got no clue why you guys would want Zordon to remain dead. Who cares if bringing him back "cheapens" his sacrafice. The good guys are supposed to be rewarded. Kendrix's sacrifice was incredible, but I was so full of joy when she was revived. Her sacrifice still haunts me to this day, but I can breathe knowing she was brought back. Reviving a person doesn't "cheapen" a sacrifice. If in an episode, a person appears to have made a sacrifice, but revealing that the person never sacrificed himself/herself in another "cheapens" it. Bringing Zordon back won't undo the effects of the Z-Wave, it will just have Zordon alive again. What kind of people are you for wanting someone to stay dead just because his sacrifice was "big"? I'd rather have him alive than enjoy his sacrifice. Watch these videos a couple of time and tell me that the sacrifice of Kendrix doesn't cause your heart to twitch a bit. Then compare them to what happened with Alex in PRTF. He was supposedly destroyed in the 1st episode, but revealed that he never died. That's how a sacrifice is "cheapened"
  • @PRThunder "good energy" can translate to life energy depending on a fan's context of what they believe he means. He clearly stated he would be "gone." How would he gone if that wasn't his life energy? The tube held his physical presence within it as in all of his energy... his life energy or life force if you will.

You can't compare Zordon with Alex. Sure, the death thing was also cheapened with Alex but it would be much worse with Zordon if they attempted that.

Not to mention why bring Zordon back when it's just going to be too crowded to begin with in MegaForce. They will already have their 'otherworldly Mentor' and his 'assistant' so tell me, what's the point in having 2 'otherwordly Mentors?'

Of course to you resurrecting someone doesn't cheapen their sacrifice but it does to me. I don't care if it's Zordon, Alpha 5, Kendrix or Alex, reviving anyone when they were killed off just shouldn't be done... period. Especially in the case of Zordon and Kendrix. It does cheapen their sacrifice because it shows there would have been no point to be sad about losing them if you can just flick a magic switch like Alex did and just come back.

Resurrection of anyone should create an issue in the story if you're gonna be doing that.

Not to mention I would prefer they not to bring Zordon back since their options are extremely limited in voice talent. I personally am insulted if they just do a voice replacement for a returning character... especially for iconic characters such as him and Rita.
  • Well, honestly. If they revived Zordon and everything the Z wave did was reversed, it would be a good plot outline for the big battle with all the ranger teams?
  • No No No and No.

Zordan shouldn't ever return!

it would cheapen his death/sacrifice.

i hope he's mentioned in MegaForce perhaps this team was set up to lead the rangers ahead of the legendary war which Zordan always knew was coming.

but Zordan can't come back to life.
  • I had no idea that there were people out there who are Zordon fans, but don't want him back
  • Apparently people don't pay attention to what was said in the first episode of the whole power rangers series at all. It was stated that Zordon was trapped in an interdimensional time warp. So it wouldn't make a difference if Zordon was revived at all because the energy that was in the tube was not his life force energy at all.
  • @PRThunder it is not that people don't want Zordon back, it is just that the great sacrifice that Zordon did was so powerful that it would be to find a way to bring him back. Personally i like to see him back Zordon but maybe come back as a spirit or something like that to guide the rangers during the great war instead of being completely revived.

And to be honest, i was glad Kendrix was restored back to life as her sacrifice was great and it was sad to see a ranger being destroyed. However, it is safe to say that all ranger fans respect Zordon and his legacy will never be forgotten.
  • @PRThunder it is not that people don't want Zordon back, it is just that the great sacrifice that Zordon did was so powerful that it would be to find a way to bring him back. Personally i like to see him back Zordon but maybe come back as a spirit or something like that to guide the rangers during the great war instead of being completely revived.

And to be honest, i was glad Kendrix was restored back to life as her sacrifice was great and it was sad to see a ranger being destroyed. However, it is safe to say that all ranger fans respect Zordon and his legacy will never be forgotten.
    fully agreed

• Well, I hope that somehow, Zordon will be able to see how far his hard work has brought the world. He would be proud to see all the Power Rangers. I hope that when the day of the Final battle comes, he will be there to witness the Rangers defeat the last of evil monsters
  • Whether Saban bring him back as a spirit or not, Zordon will live on the ranger spirit and will be proud to see the rangers' effort to destroy all of the evil that remains.
  • edited October 2012
    Apparently people don't pay attention to what was said in the first episode of the whole power rangers series at all. It was stated that Zordon was trapped in an interdimensional time warp. So it wouldn't make a difference if Zordon was revived at all because the energy that was in the tube was not his life force energy at all.
    You must have missed some episodes.

Yes, Zordon had been trapped in an interdimensional time warp but Lerigot freed him from it in Turbo.

Here's the word-for-word convo that happened.

Zordon: "There is no easy way to tell you this, Rangers."
    Adam: "Tell us what?"
    Zordon: "Lerigot has returned to give me my freedom. I will soon return to my home planet to rejoin my own family. I realize this is difficult, Rangers but the time has come to bid farewell."
  • Apparently people don't pay attention to what was said in the first episode of the whole power rangers series at all. It was stated that Zordon was trapped in an interdimensional time warp. So it wouldn't make a difference if Zordon was revived at all because the energy that was in the tube was not his life force energy at all.
    You must have missed some episodes.

Yes, Zordon had been trapped in an interdimensional time warp but Lerigot freed him from it in Turbo.

Here's the word-for-word convo that happened.

Zordon: "There is no easy way to tell you this, Rangers."
    Adam: "Tell us what?"
    Zordon: "Lerigot has returned to give me my freedom. I will soon return to my home planet to rejoin my own family. I realize this is difficult, Rangers but the time has come to bid farewell."

yeah but Zordan is still in his tube during In Space.
  • @Ranger91 while it was a tube, it wasn't his tube. That was a tube Dark Specter placed him in after capturing him because he wanted to drain his energy. Zordon referred to it as an "Energy Tube."
  • Zordon was set free though? He was incased in the tube in In Space so Dark Specter could drain him of his energy and the only way to destroy what Dark Specter created was to destroy the energy tube. So who knows, Zordon could have escaped i think.
  • At least Zordon had a reward for helping the MMPR Rangers and the PRZ Rangers. Too bad he didn't get to use his freedom for long. At least now he has a new kind of freedom. R.I.P Zordon. Wherever you are, I hope you can see the work of all the Rangers