New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Questions about the Power Rangers TV show

Comments

• @vgiannell5 I believe it was under orders from Dark Spector the monarch of evil himself. He had a very high position that no villain ever dare challenged, except for Darkonda. Doubt even Elgar would disobey order from a very high-ranking evil.

I've got a question. No doubt it's a topic as confusing as "Is it Master Org 2 or Master Org 1 in control in the last episodes of Wild Force?", but my question is similar to that...

In Power Rangers Jungle Fury, what exactly was the Dai-Shi/Jarrod interaction/relationship during the possession?
    The main villain is Dai-Shi, but throughout the season there were traces of Jarrod, prior to Jarrod fighting to get free of Dai-Shi. Was it that...
    1. Dai-Shi was in full control all the time, but was using Jarrod's personality and memories as a cover (to deceive) and advantage (psychological warfare) when facing the Rangers, confronting the Rangers' allies, and encountering other Beast monsters (Basically acting like Jarrod at times to mess with others)?
    2. Dai-Shi was in control, but allowed a corrupted and warped version of Jarrod to come out once in a while when when facing the Rangers, confronting the Rangers' allies, and encountering other Beast monsters?
    3. Dai-Shi and Jarrod's personalities and memories combined into a single villain during the possession?
    4. Dai-Shi rested inside Jarrod and gathered strength while letting a corrupted and warped version of Jarrod (altered to be like Dai-Shi) to lead the Dai-Shi clan (meaning the true Dai-Shi only appeared in the very first episode and in the final two episodes?
  • How did Deviot know about the Psycho Rangers?
  • @vgiannell5 nobody knows how Deviot knew about the Psycho Rangers.
    My theory is the the United Alliance of Evil hired Deviot to create them. He was able to create organic machines (cyborgs) as proven when he turned the Phoenix Galactabeast into the Statoforce Megazord, the Rhino Galactabeast into the Centaurus Megazord, and Shark Galactabeast into the Zenith Carrier Zord.
    It's also possible that he just heard about them just like Trakeena, Villamax, and Keglar did, and he just said "good to see you again my friends" as a (what ever the word it is), not something on a personal basis.
  • Is there any connection between S.P.D. and Time Force?
  • @vgiannell5 that one is hard to tell. Space Patrol Delta came to Earth a thousand years before Time Force existed. SPD could've been the predecessor to Time Force, but maybe it isn't.
    Sky's father was a Red SPD Ranger with suit that is identical to Wes Collins's Red Time Force suit, but that was probably reusing an old costume for the show like they did using In Space Rangers' helmets for SPD A-Squad Rangers.
    As you can see from our previous Q&As that there is much that has not been clarified on Power Rangers
  • Why didn't anyone in the main universe know the existence of Demons from Lightspeed Rescue, the Merlocks from Mystic Force, or the Nighlok from Samurai except for those who fought them in the past?
  • There's two ways to look at this: Through the "production" of the show, and the "in-show" universe.

In terms of production, how could anyone creating the show have known that there would be demons, "Morlocks", and Nighloks would be part of the show in the future. Super Sentai's seasons were produced ahead of the Power Rangers seasons, then Power Rangers would buy the Super Sentai costumes and props for their own production, after the Sentai season would end. It certainly would not be possible for the producers to have the characters on the show talk about something that they didn't know they would have on the show in the future.

In terms of the in-show universe, I suppose the reason that the reason nobody from the Primary Rangerverse knew about the enemies of Lightspeed Rescue, Mystic Force, and Samurai except for them is because none of the other teams or their mentors or their allies had any experience with those creatures.
    Demons are something that many people or creatures have an idea about in their head but never imagine that they would ever encounter. And with that being said, who would've ever imagined the demons that Lightspeed Rescue fought would exist. The only reason Lightspeed Rescue knew about them was because Captain Mitchell encountered Diabolico 20 years prior to the demons getting released from the tomb. The only other people who knew about that specific group of demons lived 3,000 years prior to the season, during the time where Queen Bansheera ruled the land that would later become Mariner Bay, before that morlock sealed her and her army away inside the tomb. History, written or unwritten, tends to be forgotten unless well-preserved and learned about.
    The "Morlocks" (not officially called that, not an accurate name for them, and were only called that in promotional material) aka The Forces of Darkness existed in a separate dimension. The Great Battle where Octomus the Master sent Morticon, Necrolai and their army Hidiacs and Styxoids to do battle against warriors and sorcerers occurred in a magical dimension that nobody in the Primary Rangerverse knew about (or at least as far as we know) until the day Udonna tricked the five teens into entering the woods to become Mystic Force. It even says in the beginning narration that "the human world never knew of the Great Battle or the sacrifices that were made to save them from destruction"
    The Nighloks first appeared in Japan centuries ago. Like I said earlier "history, written or unwritten, tends to be forgotten unless well-preserved and learned about." Though the Nighloks kept coming back every few decades, I assume that either their exist was kept secret or they were defeated so fast and/or so discreetly that wasn't much to say to the world that the Nighloks existed. I suppose it's something only discussed among the few members of the Shiba clan and those associated with them, like Daisuke, the other Tengen Gate Guardians, and Cody's family.
  • edited March 2020
    > @PRThunder said:
    > There's two ways to look at this: Through the "production" of the show, and the "in-show" universe.
    >
    > In terms of production, how could anyone creating the show have known that there would be demons, "Morlocks", and Nighloks would be part of the show in the future. Super Sentai's seasons were produced ahead of the Power Rangers seasons, then Power Rangers would buy the Super Sentai costumes and props for their own production, after the Sentai season would end. It certainly would not be possible for the producers to have the characters on the show talk about something that they didn't know they would have on the show in the future.
    >
    > In terms of the in-show universe, I suppose the reason that the reason nobody from the Primary Rangerverse knew about the enemies of Lightspeed Rescue, Mystic Force, and Samurai except for them is because none of the other teams or their mentors or their allies had any experience with those creatures.
    > Demons are something that many people or creatures have an idea about in their head but never imagine that they would ever encounter. And with that being said, who would've ever imagined the demons that Lightspeed Rescue fought would exist. The only reason Lightspeed Rescue knew about them was because Captain Mitchell encountered Diabolico 20 years prior to the demons getting released from the tomb. The only other people who knew about that specific group of demons lived 3,000 years prior to the season, during the time where Queen Bansheera ruled the land that would later become Mariner Bay, before that morlock sealed her and her army away inside the tomb. History, written or unwritten, tends to be forgotten unless well-preserved and learned about.
    > The "Morlocks" (not officially called that, not an accurate name for them, and were only called that in promotional material) aka The Forces of Darkness existed in a separate dimension. The Great Battle where Octomus the Master sent Morticon, Necrolai and their army Hidiacs and Styxoids to do battle against warriors and sorcerers occurred in a magical dimension that nobody in the Primary Rangerverse knew about (or at least as far as we know) until the day Udonna tricked the five teens into entering the woods to become Mystic Force. It even says in the beginning narration that "the human world never knew of the Great Battle or the sacrifices that were made to save them from destruction"
    > The Nighloks first appeared in Japan centuries ago. Like I said earlier "history, written or unwritten, tends to be forgotten unless well-preserved and learned about." Though the Nighloks kept coming back every few decades, I assume that either their exist was kept secret or they were defeated so fast and/or so discreetly that wasn't much to say to the world that the Nighloks existed. I suppose it's something only discussed among the few members of the Shiba clan and those associated with them, like Daisuke, the other Tengen Gate Guardians, and Cody's family.

What about the Orgs from Wild Force? Not to mention the Dai Shi Clan, the Overlords, and the Phantom Beasts from Jungle Fury?
  • First, remember what I said about the show production-wise. There was no way that the show makers could know ahead of time what they'd create with each season until they saw the resources, Sentai footage, and story they'd have to work with.

As for within the show's world...
    The Orgs from Wild Force, that's a unique case. In Turtle Cove, everyone knew of the story of Animaria, but some figured that the story was a fairy tale while others believed it was true. I do not believe that the city's residents realized who the monsters were nor did they make the connection and realize that the story of Animaria were true. I do not know if the story had spread beyond the city, but how often do you hear people talk about fairy tale stories?
    As for the Dai-Shi Clan, the Overlords, and the Phantom Beasts, I think that would be a combination of my explanation for Lightspeed Rescue's demons and Samurai's Nighloks. The first Beast War occurred 10,000 years prior to the Jungle Fury season, which may have been before Queen Bansheera had her palace on Earth (it has been suggested the Beast War against Dai-Shi occurred in the same place the demons had their palace prior to being locked in the tomb). There were written records of the battle happening, but I believe that knowledge of it were lost to time and history, except with members of the Pai Zhug. The Order of the Claw was formed to train new warriors who could serve as protectors for the day Dai-Shi escapes his confinement within the box, so it makes sense that they would know, but the clan was kept secret from the world, plus in modern day who would've believed that such events happened. A lot of Rangers themselves found it impossible to believe that their world could have such events and beings when they first get chosen. The Phantom Beasts and the Overlords stories intertwine with that of the Dai-Shi clan as the Overlords were part of his clan and the Phantoms Beasts showed up around that time as enemies to both humans and Dai-Shi and undoubtedly share the fate.
  • Is Evox's origin similar to the Venjix Virus?
  • Currently, the origin of the Evox Virus is a mystery. If it is ever revealed, I'll put it in the EDIT section at the bottom of this comment.

Venjix Virus origin: A little girl, later known as Dr K, is kidnapped by a think tank organization code-named Alphabet Soup. There, they used her genius mind to solve complex equations and create powerful unique weapons. To ensure that they never lost their smartest asset, they convinced her that she was sick and vulnerable to sunlight. Among her projects would be the suits and weapons connected to a biofield as part of Project R.A.N.G.E.R (later the technology used by Power Rangers RPM) and a self-aware self-generating computer virus as part of Project Venjix (the Venjix Virus itself). The Venjix Virus was developed to "infiltrate secret military code," assist in the development of new technology such as the ones in Project R.A.N.G.E.R, and more undoubtedly. Of course, the Venjix Virus's influence was limited to his programmed confinement inside that laptop, as Dr K knew the Venjix Virus was far too powerful to completely let out. One day, Dr K discovered that she and her two friends (Gem and Gemma) were never allergic to sunlight, she plotted an escape, which required getting past Alphabet Soups security. She planned to use the Venjix Virus to temporarily blind their service long enough to escape, though leaving a firewall to ensure that the Venjix Virus couldn't spread beyond Alphabet Soup. Unfortunately her plot was discovered and she was captured just after releasing the Venjix Virus, but before she could upload the firewall, which allowed the malicious virus to infect the entire world's computer systems. The rest is history.

EDIT:
  • Did Jason ever know how Tommy felt after returning the Gold Ranger powers to Trey?
  • @vgiannell5 ...

If you're asking how Tommy felt about Jason having to return the Gold Zeo powers to Trey, I'd say that he was kind of sad to say goodbye to his old friend once again, but knows that the goodbye is not permanent and there's more to life than just that.

If you're asking if Tommy and Jason could relate to each other about giving up the power, I'd say yes as Tommy once had to give his Green Ranger powers to Jason when it was being drained out of him by Rita's green candle. Jason had to give up the Gold Zeo powers because they were fading from him while also killing him since they were not meant to be used by a human. Both of them have had to give the power to someone else and resume a normal life tho, though a human could hold onto them for some time. In both cases, the circumstances forced them to give it up, it wasn't be simple choice.
  • Why does Planet Onyx have a western town built there?
  • @vgiannell5 Why it's that way in the show is beyond me. I suppose aliens have similar tastes or something.

In reality, you'd have to ask the producers of the show. Perhaps they did it for fun since it's a kids show