New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Clash of the Red Rangers: Review/criticism. SPOILER ALERT!!!

2»

Comments

• Only the actor and the crew members would have any idea as to the actual identity of the person using a fake name. Just because fans think it was Eka himself and I'm 1 of them, it's not enough for SAG to act on it. Granted fans are usually right but it's not usually enough for SAG to act on it.
  • Not to mention, he's on a show called Terra Nova (I think. Someone please correct me if Im wrong). So, there'd be no way Saban would pay to have someone who's on a union show do voice overs. It would cost him more money to do so, which is why he hires first time actors/non union actors in the first place.

I personally think its Eka going under a false name. I mean, no one can imitate him THAT well.
  • A totally Jacked up continuity, a lack of original actor involvement (not even close to Eka) including one of the current cast members(seriously, no gold ranger?), and an over all un-inspired plot line... this felt less like a crossover or a movie and more like a rough Pilot
  • @Zenith_Green To me, it felt like two bad episodes smushed together with a bad plot line
  • after skimming thru the video download ive come to the following: it was a sad attempt at combining the Shinkenger/Go-onger team up and the Shinkenger movie. i mean honestly, how can you combine two very different movies! and whats the deal with calling the red rpm ranger "Ranger Red", its just god awfully generic. what i dont get is how they pulled off the scene where the samurai rangers and "Ranger Red" stand together?

i may have been a little to hard on this but that is how i see it.
  • NightMere, much like I've already stated, I also think it was Eka under a different name. Sure, he would have needed to give him more money and he probably did due to him being an union actor however keep in mind that both Rick (Deker) and Paul (Bulk) are likely SAG members too which means they would have to be given union treatment.
    Also you're right, Eka is indeed on Terra Nova.

Zenith, wasn't much of a jacked up continuity at all so I don't know where you're getting that from. In regards to Steve not being there. That's because according to Steve, they shot it after they were done shooting the series and he was unavailable because he was working on his music.

PoisonLotus, I don't know why RPM's 1st Producer came up with the "Ranger Red" name but that was his Ranger name in RPM so the writer of the teamup was sticking to it. Basically it was short for something like "Ranger Operator Series Red."
  • I thought this was a good episode. i know it wasnt really scott voice acting the RED RPM ranger but i thought they got a very good voice to do that part, he sounded a lot like him. The kids really liked this episode. & so did i, as RPM as ive stated before is one of my favorite Disney seasons. It would have been cool to see Series Red Demorphed or if they had the other RPM rangers. I wonder if they will ever do a complete RPM & Samurai mash up at some point?