New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Mega is gone

Comments

• Indeed, vg. I've heard that the said group is attacking various sites such as the RIAA, MPAA and even federal government sites like the FBI and even the White House's site.
  • I just hard that an Anonymous group is seeking revenge for MegaUpload.
    i saw that as well. Sadly i hope it just makes the situation worse.... Hopefully we as a site can figure something out to keep watching and downloading episodes
  • See, hacking other sites isn't the way to go. I mean, I know that they were doing it as an act for revenge, but still
  • but what can we do we cant just sit around and let the government get away with it! we have to do something!!!
  • edited January 2012
    hacking other sites is not the way to do it. Doing so delegitimizes the entire movement. If we start retaliating with more illegal actions, that just gives them more ammo to use to show that we need to be stopped and that laws need to be enacted to stop us. Actions like these are what scare people into possibly letting things like SOPA pass, because they are afraid of the hackers.

And frankly, yes, we sit and let the law work it out. Protest if you want, but do it peacefully. Fact of the matter is, Mega was doing some dumb things. They were accused of promoting copyright infringement and making money off of copyright infringement. If that is true, then they are dumb to do so and broke the law, simple as that.

But, there are laws that protect sites like those from content that people put on them, provided that the site accepts take-down requests. Given that there was a large portion of Megaupload's traffic that was legal, they have a chance in court.

If you want to protest, go right ahead, but do so peacefully and for the right reasons. Hacking government websites and taking them down in revenge is not the way to go as it makes the rest of us look bad and gives the people who took down Mega more ammo against them.

The government may be the government, but even they have to follow the law. They cannot convict Mega of any wrongdoing until it is proven in court and if they cannot convict Mega of any wrongdoing in court, then the site will go back up.
  • i didnt mean haking...i ment the gandai and MLK way of peace...amen
  • I say the government is making a very big mistake. Someone has to stand up and speak up. FOR THE INTERNET!
  • I strongly believe that Megaupload will be back. They are a massive company and have millions of dollars to spend on a great defense team.
  • I strongly believe that Megaupload will be back. They are a massive company and have millions of dollars to spend on a great defense team.
    I rlly hope so cuz at the moment im beating my self up for being lazy and not downloading more episodes lol
  • You can't help but agree with what corey has to say. Two wrongs don't make a right. And, in this case, the Department of Justice had grounds to suspect and detain because of copyright law infringement. Whether or not the infringement was made by the execs and MU or not will be the main point they make in court, I'll wager.

I'm not saying I agree with what's happened. In fact, I'm quite the opposite. I'd love to keep enjoying the Power Ranger eps and other shows that I like that have not shown up in any complete volumes or in a way that could get my hands on. But, as far as this MU case goes, I have to say that there is not much we as users can do. Protest if you will, but be peaceful, and be careful. We've all seen the news feeds, I'm sure. It seems that some people don't like it when others want to voice themselves in unison.
  • I agree with PowerRangerPlanet about MegaUpload coming back. Along with all the Mega sites like MegaVideo.
  • Again, yes, the Mega execs were arrested, but that's just it, they were only arrested. They have yet to be convicted in court as of yet and, if and/or until that conviction happens, I'm not convinced that they are gone for good. And, since Mega has complied with take down requests, unless the Department of Justice can prove beyond reasonable doubt that infringement was made explicitly by Mega and/or it's execs, that conviction won't happen and the Mega sites will come back.

For now, there are other sources, you just have to go look for them.
  • What if the government pulled the same stunt on those other sources like they did with MegaUpload?
  • They could do it to any site, that's the problem. So now i'm unsure of what to do.