New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Mega is gone

1235»

Comments

• Someone is backing MegaUpload and claiming that Record Labels are the real criminals.
  • Someone is backing MegaUpload and claiming that Record Labels are the real criminals.
    hahaha thats funny, but good. i hope they're back up soon

• I hope Megaup gets back online, I still need the rest of RPM DAMN IT! lol
    You could download rpm from the main site.
  • yeah, thanks PRP, you're awesome
  • PRP does have a point. They could do it to any site but Megaupload got taken down because some of its servers were in the U.S. which was enough for the Justice Department to act on it. It'd be harder for them to do something if none of it at all was in the U.S. but you would have to do a lot of research to see how each file hosting server works and to make sure they have nothing U.S. based. Also you would need to make sure that the country that is hosting the server isn't in a country that has a treaty with the U.S. like New Zealand does.

Digifiend, indeed the site is likely fake but some of the articles did say that while 7 were charged with the crime, some of them were still at large.
  • now where can i download the shows
  • you guys should switch upload servers or something. because not having power rangers sucks!!! cause i was gonna start downloading them cause i just canceled my netflix :(
  • I think we might not see SOPA/PIPA for a long time. Too many people have stood against it, and I'm very sure more people will come to do the same. As for MU, it looks to me that if they are able to get their servers back, they'd be court ordered to have a stricter policy for their content. Of course, that's a pretty pessimistic thought. But, it's still a possibility none the less. Let's just hope that things get better with time. Solutions will present themselves when we really need them.
  • edited January 2012
    No, now we just have to worry about ACTA

https://www.eff.org/issues/acta
  • Hmm... It seems they don't intend to quit so easily. I'm sure there will be issues about this one as well.