New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Saban Signs Deal To Release Power Rangers On Blu-Ray/DVD

Well, figured i'd make one thread for everyone to discuss. If you haven't heard yet, Saban has inked a deal with Shout! factory (A company that i've been following for years) to not only release every season of powers rangers on DVD and Blu-Ray , but also VR Troopers, BeetleBorgs, and Ninja Turles: The Next Mutation! It's a great day for the PR fandom. Sadly, this does not include the two movies.

Here is one of the many links to this announcement http://www.sacbee.com/2012/03/12/4331286/shout-factory-and-saban-brands.html

Shout! Factory will be releasing everything starting this summer of 2012.

Comments

• edited March 2012
    I wonder if they'll release MMPR Seasons 1-3 in one giant box set, or have them be individual. Either way, I'm just aiming for MMPR 1-3, Zeo, and Turbo. Maybe Dino Thunder as well.
  • i cant wait is it being released in the summer ive been getting no's and yes's
  • Yes, DVDs will start being released in the summer. We just don't know which ones.
  • Very nice with the sticky thread. Now we wont have to worry about multiple posts (well...)
  • BLUERAY!? Sweetmother of mercy...
  • the best zord battles 1992-1995 could offer in the best quality ever?? Jesus Mary and Mike....
  • hmm, I'm not sure I really see the point behind the blu-ray, particularly for the earlier seasons. The video quality simply isn't there. Yes, there is upconverting, but that can only do so much.
  • True. I'm just going to get them on DVD. Only because it's what my computer/PS2 plays and the only Blu-Ray player I have is at my house, three hours away from me.
  • Oh I thought we were simply doing over-the-top reactions. Yeah I would probably only get Dvd too
  • I, for one, will only get dvds... I hope they aren't too expensive
  • I think it's because the Two Movies are already out.
  • im going to buy them all on bluray :D they already have the two movies on dvd but it would be cool if they release them on bluray as well.
  • i definitely am getting them all on dvd
  • the reason the movies arent getting released is because they dont have the rights to them 20th century fox does
  • scratch that last comment the rights were sold to paramount i think