New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Power Rangers Super Samurai: Official Discussion

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Update on May 5th episode from Ranger Crew:
    I have some interesting news.

As I posted earlier in the week, 'Trust Me' was set to air on May 5, confirmed by TVGuide.com. However, it appears plans have changed. The listings have been updated & now show that we will actually be getting a repeat on May 5. Because TVGuide.com originally had all the data for 'Trust Me' listed, and later pulled it, it leads me to believe that Nick may have had a sudden change of plans, as we know they are prone to doing.

So what does this mean? Well as we all know, the May 5 weekend is no holiday (Mother's Day weekend isn't until the following weekend). So this leads one to believe, you guessed it, that our hiatus is set to begin. And it actually makes some sense. First off, we will be at exactly the halfway point of Super Samurai. 11 episodes would have passed and 11 remain (including the Halloween & Christmas clip shows). Secondly, it is to my understanding that 'Trust Me' is the "beginning of the end", or in other words, the start of the final story arc that will begin the descent to Samurai's finale. So it makes sense that Nick might hold off the entire final arc until after the hiatus.

I guess we will have to wait for the May 12 listings to truly know, but I see no other reason to show a repeat on May 5. Obviously a rerun on May 12 would likely signal the start of our hiatus. But enjoy 'A Sticky Situation' this weekend, for it could be the last new episode for quite a while. For some of you that means sulking, for some of us that means rejoice that we're finally getting a reprieve.
  • I'm excited for Samurai to end. I can't wait to see what comes next!
  • Missed today's episode, I'll have to download it and watch it that way :/
  • "trust me" DID AIR today idk why u guys thought it didn't. i set my dvr to record PRSS new eps and there was for sure a new ep today.
  • I felt bad for Jayden doubting himself after Deker insulted him about him losing his edge.

I also have a feeling he's still hiding something from the other rangers.
  • @kyfm: We thought it didn't because a week prior to it airing, it said on TVGuide that there wasn't a new episode. And then it was checked again a few days before it aired and it was back up. Plain and simple.
  • well in the tvguide listings in our fios tv listings it was listed last week that it was definately airing. some listings are diff from others.
  • Yeah, and most people's said it wasn't airing. That's the point.
  • Indeed. My guide was basically reflecting in the iffy status. First it was airing then it wasn't then it was but anyway I enjoyed the episode.
    Serrator is such an aweesome villain.
    Also it was interesting how Deker was refusiing to fight Jayden because he felt he was growing too weak in order to rely on his team.
    Also it was an interesting situation how Serrator had stopped Deker from battling Jayden.
    Also the Bullzooka looks like a pretty cool weapon. Also that Samurai Lightzord was interesting. I wasn't even aware of that Lightzord combination so that was a nice surprise even though I didn't even notice it at first since it took me by surprise. Someone else had mentioned it to me.
  • Zap2It is showing 'A Crack In The World' to air on May 26, thus debunking almost everyone's suspicions of a looming hiatus.

However, I'd hold the phone on this info just yet. First off, you're telling me that Nick is choosing to show a repeat on a perfectly eventless weekend (May 19), and instead choosing to show a brand new episode on Memorial Day weekend? That doesn't make much sense. Also, let's not forget that websites like TVGuide.com and Zap2It have been very wrong as of lately. Weren't we supposed to get a re-run yesterday? And then get a re-run next week? Kyl came out and proved that all wrong.
  • edited May 2012
    Not a huge revelation, but Kim Crossman's character's name is officially Lauren.

http://www.kimberleycrossman.com/projects-power-rangers-samurai__I.118166__N.84

• Hey i am just wondering if Antonio gets to use the black box in Super Samurai?
  • Highly unlikely
  • I wouldn't be so sure about that.
  • @NightMere10 did his sentai counter part used it? I haven't seen Shinkenger yet so I don't.