New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Power Rangers Megaforce: Official Discussion

Originally found by DarkBlaze/RangerWisdom. All credit goes to him.

Power Rangers MEGAFORCE (PRM) is coming!

http://www.retail-merchandiser.com/index.php/reports/licensing-reports/706-saban
THE BIG 2-0

Next year will mark the landmark 20th Anniversary of the Power Rangers brand, an occasion for which Saban Brands is already deep in preparation. Plans for the anniversary include a new series, “Power Rangers MEGAFORCE.”

Saban Brands plans to embrace the series’ cross-generational appeal during the anniversary by celebrating its past as well as its present and future.

Older fans will be able to participate in special events and online activities, while new products and the new show will attract younger fans.

“We’re in an exciting place as a brand. We look at the 20th anniversary not just as a celebration of the past, but as our entry into a third decade,” Dekel says.

With new series launching every two years that reinvent the brand and change its theme, Power Rangers looks to remain a force in children’s entertainment. “Just like our audience, we’re constantly reinventing ourselves,” Dekel adds. “We can honestly say that after 20 years, this isn’t a fluke – kids really do identify with and engage with this show.”

The next series will be adapted from Goseiger: According to Retail Merchandiser, the new season will “embrace the series’ cross-generational appeal during the anniversary by celebrating its past as well as its present and future. Older fans will be able to participate in special events and online activities.” They also state that a new Power Rangers series will launch every two years with a new theme

And fun fact: Season 2 of MEGAFORCE will be called Ultra MEGAFORCE due to the name on the original trademark protection papers. (Saban had previously trademarked SuperMEGAFORCE and UltraMEGAFROCE).

Comments

• good news.

though MegaForce is such a cheesy name and UltraMega Force is even worse!

Loved Gokaiger and hope Saban don't ruin it! they need to get a good balance.

also if its two seasons of megaforce does that mean 20eps season 1 and 20 eps season 2 like with Samurai?
  • Super cheesy, I must agree. But as long as they don't destroy Gokaiger, i'll be ok with it.
  • I hope that is not the official name for the new season as it is too cheesy. But hopefully they will not ruin Gokaiger especially since it was my first ever sentai series that I have seen fully and it was awesome. Come on Saban don't mess this series up like you did for Samurai!
  • Yanman, it IS the official name for the next season.
  • edited June 2012
    @NightMere10 Oh OK my bad :D. It is very cheesy though. All well, hopefully it will be an awesome season.
  • I'm going to pretend this season didn't exist. Saban - you're dead to me.
  • SO ITS PIRATES RANGERS?! WAT HAPPEN TO THE ANGELS SEASON? IS IT CONFIRM IS PIRATESS? MEGA FORCE DOESNT SAY ANYTING.. I FEEL LIKE THE TITTLE DOESNT FIT AT ALL FOR BOTH SEASONS..
  • edited June 2012
    Yes, it's Pirates because of "celebrating its past as well as its present and future" as well as they're re-shooting Legend War. It's Gokaiger.

Personally, I'm kinda hoping they do some type of hybrid with the two seasons.
  • That would have been pretty cool combining the two.
  • Megaforce? Why not call it Pirate force or SpaceForce? Lol Megaforce is kind of corny.
  • my friend reckons they're going to use a combination of Goseiger and Gokaiger.

Goseiger Suits and Zords.

Gokaiger's story plot, minus the pirate motif and morpher (morphin into other teams)

of course its just a theory and probs holds no substance
  • They're using the Sentai Pirates!? No No No! That is one of the worst ideas ever. Y not use the one with the Angels and leave out the pirates. If all the Ranger powers end up as little key/figure, then it will make the Rangers look ridiculous.
  • edited June 2012
    MarioRanger, who works for Bandai Germany and has been briefed on next year's plans, confirmed the title is indeed 'MEGAFORCE' and the logo looks "Explosive."
  • don't really care what they do with Gokaiger...but i am looking forward to buying some toys.
  • MarioRanger, who works for Bandai Germany and has been briefed on next year's plans, confirmed the title is indeed 'MEGAFORCE' and the logo looks "Explosive."
    Do you have the link of the logo i wouldlove to see it:))