New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Worst movies of all time?

edited August 2012 in Off Topic
I figured we could have some fun with this topic. In my book, the worst movies of all time would have to be:
1. The Digimon Movie(it's basically three movies brought into one, so many unanswered questions and when they had a big dramatic moment, they rushed it to fast, not even Digimon fans liked this movie. Not to mention the Intro Rap was terrible, TERRIBLE!)

2. Pokemon: The First Movie(it's literally called Pokemon: The first movie) -_-

3. Mortal Kombat: Annihilation(mainly because of a complete cast change except for Lu Kang and Katana)

4. 3 Ninja's(basically steals all the fighting moves from TMNT and steals a lot of stuff used in Home alone)
Here is the cover it literally says: Crosses TMNT and Home alone movies -_-

5. Batman and Robin(If i have to hear one more Ice pun I'm gonna be sick!)

6. Street Fighter(You call that acting?)

7. Signs(How could i forget Signs!? I mean seriously, aliens travel thousands of light years to destroy a world made of mostly wood and water... and you guessed it, their two weaknesses, WOOD AND WATER! my god, What was M. Night thinking!?!?!?)

8. The Last Airbender(I don't think it gets any worse then this for M Night. I mean seriously, worst acting over, the actors couldn't even get the characters names right. I mean seriously, how can you ruin something that was already wrote for you? I'll tell you, leaving so many details out that if they ever make a sequel it will kill them. Let's see: They left King Boomey out of the movie(Who is suppose to train Aang before he meets taugh? not sure how that's spelled) and not once did they call their grandmother Gram Gram, and Prince Zucko, i mean seriously, when did he become indian? I always thought the characters were Japanese? Also when Oppa flew, never once do i recall them saying "Yip Yip". I mean come on, they left out so many details and plot holes it was amazing. SO many plot holes!!!!)

9. Dungeons and Dragons( This movie I'm surprised I didn't rank this higher as one of the worst movies of all time. Jermey Irons(Scar on Lion King) stars in this movie as Profion. The down fall of this movie is, he overacts almost every scene, I mean half the time you can't even understand what he is saying. it just sounds like " BSADJSIDKSALWDKS" half the time. And lets not for get the dude with the Smurf lips, i mean seriously? Did a child do his make up and he just wen't with it? He looked so god awful annoying! and let's not forget the two main characters of the film, Snails and Ridley, Snails was literally one of the worst actors I have ever seen in my entire life, Next to M Night. I mean I swear to god the power rangers movie(pure genius) was more well put together then this piece of crap. There was nothing that could save this movie from going down the drain. Why hollywood why!?!?

Comments

• Oh my! You are nuts! Saying 3 Ninjas is a bad movie is sacrilege. It's one of my favourite movies of all time. But the rest of your list is good. Although, what was wrong with pokemon? It was what it was supposed to be, a movie about pokemon. Basically felt like a few episodes put together, didn't find anything "bad" about it per say.

Sorry, I have to argue about 3 ninjas a bit. Let's say it did "steal" stuff from Ninjas Turtles and Home Alone, that doesn't make it a bad movie. That's like saying any movie with martial arts, or little kids fighting off bad guys, made after 1990, is bad. If anything, it should mean the opposite. Home Alone and Ninjas Turtles were great movies, and if 3 Ninjas is anything similar to them, it should be good too. Anyway, just my opinion of course. I'm not just saying this out of nostalgia, I can still watch it today, and it's great.
  • edited July 2012
    3 Ninjas was, and still is, a good movie (now the 4th movie I could agree with; that one was just a waste of time). Obviously putting those two things together worked to create a good film, which A LOT of films do (take two popular ideas and stick 'em together to create a new movie plot) so those must be bad as well as they're ripping off the original content.

Do you know how many other movies were like Home Alone and Ninja Turtles back then? Richie Rich, Dennis the Mennis, even as most recent as Unaccompanied Minors back in 2006. As for the Ninja Turtles feel there's The Little Dragons, The Karate Kid, Surf Ninjas, etc.

To claim it's a bad movie just because it's anything like Home Alone and Ninja Turtles is to say that a lot more movies after those are bad as well.

Pokemon: The First Movie I'd have to disagree with you, because the expectation for that movie was basically an extended episode. A lot of anime movies are like that. (As for the name....Doug's First Movie....nothing wrong with the title).

Everything else I agree with. I immediately pass ANY movie that's based off a video game series. (Although, if they could really pull off a Kingdom Hearts movie.....)
  • edited July 2012
    Edit: Dungeons and Dragons(2000) added to list

Don't get me wrong, I love the 3 Ninja franchise, but I just see a lot of faults making it bad.

Nightmere, i agree with you on the Kingdom hearts! Many fans have been wanting one for years, hell I've been wanting an official Kingdom Hearts 3 Video game for years!

Pokemon, it just seemed to have a lot of stupid stuff in it, like what was the point of learning a valuable life lesson if he was just gonna send them back in time so they learned non of that? I mean seriously... stupid.
  • If you think Pokemon the first movie is bad you haven't seen the third one or most of the one's following that!! -_-

Also Turbo Power Rangers Movie was pretty lame and is in Canon!!
  • I've seen Mewtoo returns, and didn't care to much for that either.
    I thought the Turbo movie was awesome.
  • mortal kombat annihilation was pretty bad and street fighter the live action movie (the one with raul julia) was pretty stupid bar a couple funny oneliners
  • I agree with you Sayla, is that the same one that has Van Damme in it? the one who couldn't speak english at the time?
  • Yeah it is I said with raul julia so people wouldn't mix it up with the other one by the same name that has nothing to do with this.
  • Oh, lol. I only thought there was the more recent one and the one with Van Damme. XD
  • theres another one called the street fighter from the 80's or earlier it stars sonny chiba I think (never saw it just heard of it) it has nothing to do with the sf games (think it predates them.)

• Oh my god, TLA sucked so bad! I mean, first they had the whole white washing issue with the cast, but it really just paled in comparison to the TV show. I don't know if that was because M. Night Shyamalan directed it or what.
  • 3 Ninjas was, and still is, a good movie (now the 4th movie I could agree with; that one was just a waste of time). Obviously putting those two things together worked to create a good film, which A LOT of films do (take two popular ideas and stick 'em together to create a new movie plot) so those must be bad as well as they're ripping off the original content.

Do you know how many other movies were like Home Alone and Ninja Turtles back then? Richie Rich, Dennis the Mennis, even as most recent as Unaccompanied Minors back in 2006. As for the Ninja Turtles feel there's The Little Dragons, The Karate Kid, Surf Ninjas, etc.

To claim it's a bad movie just because it's anything like Home Alone and Ninja Turtles is to say that a lot more movies after those are bad as well.

Pokemon: The First Movie I'd have to disagree with you, because the expectation for that movie was basically an extended episode. A lot of anime movies are like that. (As for the name....Doug's First Movie....nothing wrong with the title).

Everything else I agree with. I immediately pass ANY movie that's based off a video game series. (Although, if they could really pull off a Kingdom Hearts movie.....)
    Actually on the video game movies the first Mortal kombat movie (not annihilation) was pretty good

also if you can find it street fighter II: the animated movie more then makes up for the live action disaster
  • Oh my god, TLA sucked so bad! I mean, first they had the whole white washing issue with the cast, but it really just paled in comparison to the TV show. I don't know if that was because M. Night Shyamalan directed it or what.
    I love the anime the last airbender, and legend of korra, but that was literally one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I mean common, at least get the character heritage right.
  • edited July 2012
    I liked Legend of Korra, but wish they had slowed down the pacing a bit. Everything just seemed overly rushed. I also felt bad for Asami. She got a pretty rough treatment in this season(hoping there's more).
  • edited July 2012
    I felt the beginning was too slow and then it was too fast. Korra has gotten picked up one more season