New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Billy as blue turbo rangerr?

edited January 2012 in General Discussion
what do you guys think the show woulda been like if they had billy replace rocky as the blue turbo ranger instead of Justin? i myself think it would have been better

Comments

• not really i think tommys brother would hav been better
  • I think Billy would've been better in the sense that he was there longer and he knows what the responsibility was like. But then you'd have to wonder how he'd get back from Aquitar in enough time to help out
  • Frankly, any of the existing characters would have been better as the blue turbo ranger in my opinion.
  • So true, so true
  • edited January 2012
    I think too many real life events got in the way: IE Steve Cardenas getting hurt and David Yost leaving because he was harassed for being gay. Also, Jason David Frank's brother died. Im not sure if it was during that filming or not though.

They had just brought Austin St. John back, and I don't think there were many other options.

So actually there wasn't a lot they could do, returning character wise. But I agree, they could have gone for someone more grown up, and do another "new student" type thing, even though I know it is overused.

But if they wanted to go for a kid, to attract kids to watch, they could have found a less annoying one. Lol

But of course if you are talking about strictly "in universe" then yeah. Would have loved Billy to be the blue ranger, and second in command.
  • Steve Cardenas never got hurt. He's confirmed this at many Q&A panels he's done with other Rangers
  • yeah i already known why david yost never returned lol but it still woulda been sweet seen how he said he could step in & assist if there was ever an emergency, which in this case, there was. but nope. i still think it woulda been cool to see billy return he was always one of my favorites. and who harasses people because they are gay? thats so stupid, i dont harass people for it, but im against it. Its whats on the inside that counts.
  • @Dubby: You need to keep in consideration in the 90s, people weren't as tolerant of people who were gay, so I'm honestly not surprised that happened. If they were filming the show now and they had a gay actor it would be different
  • Ah, I didn't know that NightMere. Did he say why he left then?
  • Yeah, he was running a karate school and he felt like it was time for him to move on and focus on that. Although, he has stated on numerous occasions that he wished he continued with Turbo until everyone else left.
  • Oh ok thanks. I do know that he was supposed to be in Forever Red and was moving at the time and missed the call or something to that effect.
  • Yeah. I wish he was in Forever Red. Rumor has it that he would've just been Tommy's butler, but I would've been happier if he was the Red Ninja Ranger and was still there
  • Yeah, I agree. Jason Frank said he would have preferred him there over Austin.
  • i think rocky was always a better ranger Then jason. he was much better!
  • Yeah, I agree. Jason Frank said he would have preferred him there over Austin.
    That's because JDF and ASJ strongly dislike eachother :P