New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Favorite Power Rangers Finale?

Comments

• i know BB, i remember that! haha that was weird. i was all wtf?
  • It would have been nice to see Zordon outside of that container he was always in. Like I said It would be good to see Zordon alive again.
  • I really liked the Mystic Force finally. it was cool how Toby got to find out who the rangers really were and i liked how the humans and mythological creatures joined forces to give the rangers an extra boost of Magic to defeat the Master. So this time the humans of Earth helped defeat the bad guy as much as the Rangers did.
  • @Dubby That happened before in PRIS. BTW revealing that Mystic Mother was Rita Repulsa really connects the past to the present. We have the former evil socceress to thank for the Mystic Force Rangers
  • @Dubby That happened before in PRIS. BTW revealing that Mystic Mother was Rita Repulsa really connects the past to the present. We have the former evil socceress to thank for the Mystic Force Rangers
    the mystic mother was not rita repulsa. The Mystic mother was just voices by her. if that is the case then trent was also the black dino ranger as well as the white dino ranger in the SPD/Dino thunder team up lol
  • Mystic Mother is Rita. the woman who played Rita in the 1990s died years before Mystic Force aired on TV. Watch the scene where snow prince shows up at Root Core. Udonna says" Known as Rita in the dark days, she now uses her power to fight all that is evil". Watch and listen. BTW what do we think about final battle in Wild Force?
  • The End of Time from Time Force. Ransik decided to turn himself in after he almost killed his daughter Nadira and a human baby. This made him realize the error of his ways and showed him that humans and mutants can live together peacefully.
  • Speaking of endings....here is a video in memory of the Command Center/Power Chamber which brings up a very good question
  • We all know that base got blown up twice.
  • i didn't really care to much for Wild Force. wasn't a huge fan of it. I found the whole "Never give up" theme to be quit annoying after awhile. my favorite things about the season were the time force team up, the forever red episode, and coles character and storyline and merricks character and story line. those are what saved the season in my book.
  • Mystic Mother is Rita. the woman who played Rita in the 1990s died years before Mystic Force aired on TV. Watch the scene where snow prince shows up at Root Core. Udonna says" Known as Rita in the dark days, she now uses her power to fight all that is evil".
    Mystic Mother is Rita in PR canon, but their respective Sentai counterparts are not the same person. That was an entirely American construct made as a tribute to the Japanese actress who played both of them, Machiko Soga.

Machiko Soga played many, many roles in Super Sentai, but the most well known to Americans is that of Witch Bandora, Rita's Sentai counterpart. The producers of MMPR used the Sentai footage of Soga as Bandora for Rita for all of Season 1, only getting a new actress for Rita in S2. Soga even provided the voice for Rita when MMPR was dubbed back into Japanese.

Soga actually died in May 2006, a couple of months after Mystic Force began airing. So, as a tribute to her, the Mystic Force producers used the footage of her last toku role, Magiranger's Heavenly Arch Saint Magiel, for Mystic Mother and made MM also be Rita, who now works for the forces of good thanks to the Z Wave purifying her.

Hope that makes sense. :P
  • Cool story Hansel... :D :D :D :D

I joke but yea that was a cool thing to do for Machiko. She was entertaining to watch in both American and Japanese shows.
  • edited March 2012
    I meant the original girl who played RIta in the American MMPR. I first heard that she died long before Mystic Force came. I remember cause I had read a magazine article which was talking about the fate of the actors and actresses from MMPR. Hey what do you fans think about PRLR's ending?
  • Ya, I know what you meant. Machiko Soga was the original girl to play Rita in the American MMPR. The producers of MMPR only got a different actress, Carla Perez, to play Rita from Season 2 onwards, when they could no longer use the Sentai footage of Machiko as Witch Bandora anymore. I have no idea about Carla Perez, but Machiko died May 7, 2006 and the Mystic Mother/Rita thing was a tribute to her.
  • What ever happened to Lord Zedd and Divatox when they were purified?