New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

MMPR Season 3 to Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers

edited April 2012 in General Discussion
Why did saban wanted to end MMPR with alien rangers (last 10 eps)? n y not ended with the mmpr season 3 cast? i would rather perfer if it was mmpr season 3 with an epic finale.!

Comments

• That's a good question. I personally hated the alien rangers arc, but i often wondered what the actors were doing at the time and why David was the only one to be able to come back to continue to be "Older Billy" for the rest of the season.

Now THAT'S a question to ask at Morphicon
  • I'm not sure how truthful this is or where I previously heard it but I thought I recall someone saying that they were filming some of Zeo around the same time that they were working on MMAR.
  • I remember one episode when Young Tommy and Katherine each went to retrieve a Zeo Sub Crystal. Tommy's quest was just the beginning even after he got the Red Sub Crystal when a shaman named Trueheart gave him one half of an arrowhead and told him he will find someone with the other half.

Turns out that someone with the other half of the arrowhead was his long-lost brother, David Trueheart.
  • Uh, yeah, anyone that's seen Zeo knows that by now. And fun fact, David Trueheart was played by Jason David Frank's real life brother!

I d@MattEmily; you have a point. They could've been. because Karan Ashley stated in various panels that Saban was supposed to give her a 10 episode arc (kinda like Kimberly) for her character to be written out. And a little bit before she left, Nakkia was on set filming.
  • edited April 2012
    IF SOMEONE KNW WHY THE CHANGE? TO MMPR TO MMAR PLEASE POST IT HERE
    I didnt like the alien rangers they sounded stupid! and anoying looking
  • I'm pretty sure, iFresh means a behind the scenes reason
  • edited April 2012
    @darkvincentes we see that on screen n yeah i meant behind the scenes wat was the cast doing behind this? why not ended in an epic finale with mmpr? mmar just ruined mmpr last episodes if it wasnt for them we would gotten an finale showdown with mmpr i would rather have wish they would of turn kids for only like a 2-3 part ep n Alien rangers come for those eps
  • Unfortunately we'll probably never know the real reasoning behind why they opted to turn the teens into kids and go for an alien team for about 10 episodes.

I thought it was an interesting story but it wasn't very much a good true finalé for what was supposed to be the end of MMPR. Some people may say that they did it so they could use more Kakuranger footage but personally they didn't really use that much Kakuranger to begin with, not even when the Alien Rangers came. Sure, they were able to use more ground footage though.
  • SOMEONE FOR THE NEXT MORPHICON ASK THIS QUESTION PLEASE!!!!!! WE ALL WANNA KNOW!!! DAMN I HAVE GOOD QUESTIONS! LOL