New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Next sentai to watch

Hey guys, I just finished GaoRanger, Hurricanger, Gokaiger and Abaranger, and I was wondering whats a good series thats fully subbed(HK sub is OK, but not preferred). From what I read:

Shinkenger - Wasn't too impressed with Samurai, but according to HJU, its a great series, and I'm loving the theme song.
MagiRanger - I'm not too fond of Mystic Force, but I heard great thing about MagiRanger
DekaRanger - I like SPD, and Deka is another highly spoken about series
TimeRanger - Best Sentai series of this decade, according to alot of people.

If you are going to suggest a series, please add the following:

Which group(s) are subbing it.
Advantages/Disadvantages
SD or HD(My ISP throttle torrent, so SD is preferred, but having both is nice)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Did you watch Gokaiger? that was one of the only seasons i managed to watch all the way through lol
  • He said he just finished it. I'd definitely go with Shinkenger. Great series, and you should be able to find all the eps pretty easily.
  • OK, next question, TV-Nihon or ShinkenAnon for Shinkenger? ShinkenAnon only have up to episode 37 or 38, but I've had bad experience with TV-Nihon's sub(It feels broken and awkward), especially with Gokaiger and Akibaranger(Watch the OverTime version and you'll see the difference)
  • why don't you compromise watch the 38 from shinkenanon then watch the last ten from tv nihon?
  • edited May 2012
    Thats what I did with Gokaiger, TV-N for the first 20 or so episode(the one that was available as a batch download), then switched to Over-Ti.me(because the other ones didn't have enough seed) for the rest. I was so lost, because alot of thing Overtime and TV-N translated differently, so I had to redownload the first ones. I imagine its going to be worse, when I'm 38 episodes into the series.

On a side note: Shinkenger is a great series so far(I'm up to 10, I'm going with TV-N, but I'll be downloading Shinken-Anon to compare), Much better then Samurai, in all aspects, aside from the english(but I'll wait until Shinken-Anon finish downloading to say that fully). I'd recommend it to anyone feeling disappointed by Saban, looking to watch the original with some decent subbing.
  • edited May 2012
    I agree with shinkenger i'm on ep. 13 t's pretty good so far. I can't say much but from what I have see the tv nihon subs for shinkenger seem good.
  • Well, I'm on 22, and worst villian so far would have to be Kamen Rider Decade. Even in his series, hes more of an anti-hero
  • edited May 2012
    I didn't know that haven't watched decade yet.

trying to get through sentai then start on kamen rider if I can find a good point (possibly kiva)
  • I wouldn't watch all of it if I were you, some are really good but there are some horrible series. On my not recommended list:

Zyuranger - Generally a boring series, nothing impressive
    Go-Onger - Feels like its trying to be funny like CarRanger
    Gaoranger - Everything from the start of the series to when Ura is destroyed the second time is good, then it get boring until the Ninja duke orc came in, where it regain its momentum.
    OhRanger - First 11 episodes is excellent, but due to real life reasons, the plot had to be dumbed down, but the writer keep trying to fit in serious things in between the lightness of the plot, making it bipolar. Sorta like PR Turbo, one episode its serious, the next its baked into a giant pizza.
    Goseiger - Problems behind the scene, watchable series but it doesn't impress me too much.

The rest are quite watchable, but some really good series aren't subbed at all, or abandoned by the subbing group, such as:

Maskman - no subs alltogether, probably due to the low quality of the sub
    Hurricanger - Skewererd lost their translator at episode 10
    Abaranger - Same as Hurricanger
    DaiRanger - TV-Nihon ran out of source footage, because Toei stopped releasing the DVD

There are a couple more like DaiRanger, alot of them are done by TVN, but are all around episode 10 - 20, depending on how far the source footage are at.
    Last thing to end the Wall of Text: Watch Akibaranger, its AWESOME. I look forward to it every week, something I can't really say about Go-Buster.
  • I wouldn't watch all of it if I were you, some are really good but there are some horrible series. On my not recommended list:

Zyuranger - Generally a boring series, nothing impressive
    Go-Onger - Feels like its trying to be funny like CarRanger
    Gaoranger - Everything from the start of the series to when Ura is destroyed the second time is good, then it get boring until the Ninja duke orc came in, where it regain its momentum.
    OhRanger - First 11 episodes is excellent, but due to real life reasons, the plot had to be dumbed down, but the writer keep trying to fit in serious things in between the lightness of the plot, making it bipolar. Sorta like PR Turbo, one episode its serious, the next its baked into a giant pizza.
    Goseiger - Problems behind the scene, watchable series but it doesn't impress me too much.

The rest are quite watchable, but some really good series aren't subbed at all, or abandoned by the subbing group, such as:

Maskman - no subs alltogether, probably due to the low quality of the sub
    Hurricanger - Skewererd lost their translator at episode 10
    Abaranger - Same as Hurricanger
    DaiRanger - TV-Nihon ran out of source footage, because Toei stopped releasing the DVD

There are a couple more like DaiRanger, alot of them are done by TVN, but are all around episode 10 - 20, depending on how far the source footage are at.
    Last thing to end the Wall of Text: Watch Akibaranger, its AWESOME. I look forward to it every week, something I can't really say about Go-Buster.
    actually tv nihon finished off dairanger.
  • one I really loved to find completely subbed is bioman but theres not much done usually all I can find is the english dub or the raws.
  • I think GUIS is doing Bioman, but I'm not sure if its full. Oh, I'm up to Shinkenger 44, so shocked. (PRP should implement the spoiler tag).
  • I know I watched that arc of shinkenger first (to see this actually happend) then started backwards i'm up to 17 now.
  • I'd really like to watch Abaranger again with better subs. You're right, the ones out there are really bad after the first few episodes. Also, the quality of the video was low. I liked Go-onger, it might not be as good as some of the series, but it's still good. The competition is just too fierce.
  • yeah i'm halfway through shinkenger debating about if I should watch dekaranger or liveman next.