New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

The Best Power Rangers Series.

1111213141517»

Comments

• Mighty Morphin Power Rangers should have had just one entry, not 3. A pretty fair list as to the results though.
  • I'd say at least two: Season 1 and Season 3 since those two really felt like they were different story lines.
  • I think they're fine being 3 different votings seen how all of them had different story lines and different castings. and one season wasn't as good as the other. Season 2 after episode 13 started to suck, so imo season 3 was better then 2, and season 1 was better then two and three. But i liked what they did with season 3.
  • edited July 2012
    Honestly, season 2 didn't feel any different than season 1 for me. I just felt like with the change from Rita to Zedd and getting the new zords could've continued season one into episodes 61-whatever, but they decided to make it a second season.
  • the episodes where they used different voice actors was terrible, they should have had the power transfer a lot sooner then what they did. Or had Austin, Thuy, and Walter finish those episodes. It would have been a lot better way to end it, but the way they did it kind of ruined most of that season to me. But i liked the replacements, Rocky, Adam and Aisha. They were pretty good rangers.
  • I feel like it was unfair for people to immediately write off Rocky, Adam, and Aisha right off the bat, but at the same time I understand why. I loved the three of them as soon as they were introduced, but I didn't feel like they were really characters until the next season where they started to get better plot lines (because the focus episodes for them like Rocky Just Wants to Have Fun and Where's There's Smoke There's Fire was originally written for Jason, Trini, and Zack.)
  • edited July 2012
    MMPR 1 is kinda cheesy, but its really good for a first season(nostalgia FTW). MMPR2 is good until it became the Tommy show. MMPR3 have the best written arc in Power Ranger - the Kat/Kim power transfer. One of the reason why it was wrote better is because Amy Jo told the producer she was going to leave mid S2, so they had time to plan out the arc, and cast in Catherine Sutherland. Austin St. John, Walter Johnson and Thuy Trang just walked out of the set, and the chick who played Aisha told them mid S3, so she got a very poor departure arc.
  • edited July 2012
    One of the reason why it was wrote better is because Amy Jo told the producer she was going to leave mid S2, so they had time to plan out the arc, and cast in Catherine Sutherland. Austin St. John, Walter Johnson and Thuy Trang just walked out of the set, and the chick who played Aisha told them mid S3, so she got a very poor departure arc.
    AJJ left mid season 3, but other than that I agree with that part, and the part with Austin, Walter, and Thuy's sudden departure and why that was bad. But you've got the Aisha part wrong. It really didn't matter when Karan Ashley told the producers she wanted to leave (which was at the end of the Alien Rangers Saga, which is NOT part of Season 3 but is officially considered Season 3.5) because she had never met Saban and her character was nowhere near as popular as the originals.

I bet if JDF or David Yost said ahead of time if they wanted to leave, in DY's case, I bet he'd get a proper send off while Tommy would probably have a whole season dedicated to his leaving. =))

Aisha was SUPPOSED to have a 10 episode arc to write her off like Kimberly, hell Karan was practically promised it, but the very next day she was on set was her last. It doesn't matter where AJJ or Karan told the producers she wanted to leave, it was clearly playing favorites at the time because, well, let's face it AJJ and Kimberly were and still are the most popular female character/role on Power Rangers.
  • edited July 2012
    Actually, AJJ left mid season 3, but she told the producer she wanted to leave mid season 2. So they had a good amount of time to write her a proper send off and cast in Catherine Sutherland. JDF and CS told the producer they wanted to leave near the end of Zeo, but it was too late since TAPM was about to start filming so they stayed for half of Turbo, so the casting team can find replacements. Since 2 of the 3 MMPR era ranger wanted to leave, they wrote JBY and Nakia out as well.