New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Power Rangers Super Samurai: Official Discussion

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Unmorphed Fight Clip:

Super Samurai Red Clip:

Summary of Saturday's episode:

The Rangers discover pools of Sanzu River water seeping from the Netherworld into our world, which can only mean one thing: the Nighloks are growing stronger! Meanwhile, a mutated and more powerful Arachnitor goes on a savage rampage throughout the countryside and when the Rangers try to stop him, Octoroo and his hosts of Moogers join the battle.
  • edited February 2012
    There may be a possible Season 3 of PR Samurai. This is what Cyrax9 (on Rangerboard) had to say about it:
    96WOAH! Something's "off" here, and maybe in a good way. PR(S)S is supposedly a total of 43 episodes (44 half hours) from everything we've been told, and all official material. However, and this is a big "however," Hector has made some interesting comments before. Last year we had the cryptic "this is only the beginning" tweet, which we all wrote off as promotional material. Before that, Hector Tweeted something about a "PRS Season Three" on DVD/Blu–Ray this July, again that was written off as a typo for season one on the grounds that "there is no season three." But now, we have another source stating that Hector has shot not 44, but 66 episodes (of something) in NZ. That typo seems almost too coincidental; 66 would imply another 22 episode season of something, so it seems like it's more intentional than coincidental.
    EDIT: The above statement has proven to be false. There will not be a third season of Samurai

And Summary to episode 2 (Shell Game): A hard-shelled Nighlok proves to be a formidable opponent; Antonio loses an important item, and the two wannabe Samurais find it.
  • edited February 2012
    Two more clips courtesy of Funaroboard:

"Black Box"
    http://bit.ly/zp3XcK

"Victory is Ours"
    http://bit.ly/zV19q9
  • when will Power Rangers Super Samurai airs in canada.
    its not on today
  • edited February 2012
    Summary to the third episode of Super Samurai
    Power Rangers Samurai Episode: "Trading Places"
    Season 2, Episode 3
    Episode Synopsis: A Nighlok transfers people's spirits onto objects, and four of the Rangers fall victim to him. Original Air Date: Mar 3, 2012
    @LUNARWOLF22: Sorry, but I don't know. I'd just keep checking back on Nickelodeon until you see a promo for it. But then again, I don't know how my advertising they do in Canada. They barely (in my opinion) do it here.
  • Is it just me, or has the acting improved quite a bit since the last episode? I haven't been one to complain much about the acting so far to begin with, but it seems to have improved.

Throughout my watching of this episode and the teaser for the next one, I couldn't help but laugh think to myself "more toys for kids to buy!". They are going to make an absolute fortune from toy sales with this season if the amount of new stuff we've seen so far is any indication.

Also, unmorphed fights = awesome.
  • edited February 2012
    Right now, @coreymon77, I'd say it only improved a little bit. It's still a little touch and go for me. I'd have to see more episodes to really feel like the show's improved. But, yes! I love unmorphed fight scenes! I hope they do it more often!!

Preview clip for Shell Game:
    Tough to Beat:
    http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/power-rangers-super-samurai-shell-game-tough-to-beat-clip.htm
    The Nighlok kinda looks like the Soccadillo from MMPR. I'd also say Mia's voice over is better.
  • Summary to the third episode of Super Samurai
    Power Rangers Samurai Episode: "Trading Places"
    Season 2, Episode 3
    Episode Synopsis: A Nighlok transfers people's spirits onto objects, and four of the Rangers fall victim to him. Original Air Date: Mar 3, 2012
    @LUNARWOLF22: Sorry, but I don't know. I'd just keep checking back on Nickelodeon until you see a promo for it. But then again, I don't know how my advertising they do in Canada. They barely (in my opinion) do it here.
    i cant wait to see this episode! what im wondering is what will kevin be because in shinkenger...shinken blue is something rather...weird
  • Episode 4, Something Fishy, comes on Saturday, March 10th
  • Two episodes of Super Samurai and still no Serrator. When will he make is official debut? Having only Master Xandred and Octoroo as main villains alone is so boring now that Dayu is on the run and Deker has disappeared after Jayden defeated him.
  • edited February 2012
    I just saw Shell Game, and I couldn't believe that Antonio missed out on that whole battle against that Nigholk Armordevil, especially when he dropped his morpher and didn't even know about it.

Slacker.
  • Ok, A: You didn't need to post twice, just edit your first post and add in your second and B; the Shinkenger episode for Shell Game was early on in the first season so Genta/Antonio wasn't even there which is why they had it that way.
  • that was an okay episode. Nothing great but it wasn't necessarily bad. Nothing really worse than any other pointless filler episodes in other seasons.

- Jayden's paramedic line actually got quite the laugh out of me. I was completely not expecting a sarcastic comment out of him so the surprise lead to me laughing.
    - The "ranger loses his morpher" plot line is a very common PR trope, so I wasn't all too surprised to see it here.
    - Bulk and Spike felt a little like wasted potential here. I would have liked to see them mess around with the morpher a little more, maybe accidentally either cause some trouble or help out the rangers somehow. It was nice to see them somewhat tied in to the main plot line again, though.
    - It was also nice to see the rangers thinking somewhat strategically here, with the weakening of the shell. It wasn't much, but at least it was something.

all in all, nothing stands out as a great episode, but it was pretty harmless filler.
  • I loved Jayden's line, although I thought when he took Mia's bag he was either going to take coins to use on the candy machine or put everything back. I was surprised to find myself laughing at it.

I loved the scene where they were combining their powers. That was really cool to me. If it was going off the Shinkenger episode, it would've been solely a Mike episode, but since they're really stressing the Super Samurai thing, they had Kevin use it so they had to cut and splice a lot of footage that got on my nerves. That, and I just don't like Najee's acting for him.

I felt like they really could've gone somewhere with the Bulk and Spike side plot, but was left feeling un-fufilled. I'm pretty sure we get a Memily moment at the end. It's kinda cut off, but right before Antonio goes running after the two, I'm pretty sure Mike puts his arm around Emily. I really love seeing that and you can tell those two actually get along together and it carries on on screen.

I enjoyed the episode, I didn't think it was great, it was little worse than the first episode, but it was ok.
  • Episode summary for Something Fishy (Episode 4):

Antonio's teammates try to help him conquer his new fear of fish. Meanwhile, Master Xandred gains an ally in his plan to flood the planet.