New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Saban Signs Deal To Release Power Rangers On Blu-Ray/DVD

Comments

• dude nightmere10 thats what i heard but that doesn't mean its true about forging a friendship. and PRThunder i like when rangers have multiple colors they get to change once a season.
  • edited May 2012
    Who else hopes that JYB or Karan Ashley gets interviewed. I mean, JYB has plenty of time between gigs to do an interview and Karan is promoting her new show, and is doing a radio show, which she has plenty of time as well to do an interview. I personally, can't wait to see Walter's interview.
  • i thought karan's show hasn't been picked up yet, grown ups?
  • edited May 2012
    .....it hasn't.
  • BWard said this on RB

I'm told it's quite possible that Time Life has begun taking phone orders. They're not advertising and it's not yet available on the website, as that information has neither been solidified nor approved. But, I'm told they have it within their right to begin phone orders, if they like. I've not personally confirmed this, but it looks like plenty of folks here have.

I'd avoid asking operators about details, though. I'm seeing that some information those operators may have still appears to be unconfirmed at this time.

so i wasn't lying when i said they were taking phone orders of the 40-dvd set. just to clarify don't wanna start an argument.
  • edited May 2012
    At the point that you brought up pre-orders (May 4th) Brian new FOR SURE they weren't taking pre-orders at that time and that NONE of them had been recorded (meaning, there were no pre-orders listed, meaning yours wasn't on an official list). This week (May 28th to be exact) they started taking pre-orders (which means your pre-order is NOW official), so your point is invalid. (Just to clarify; you were still wrong.)

But, whatever. I'm tired of beating this to death and continuing an argument that I had already won. I don't care anymore and I'm stepping back before I really start lashing out about it. All that matters is that I'm getting a copy when it's released. Can't wait for those interviews.

By the way, use the quote function so it's easier to read what part Brian said.
  • but the mmpr-prlg 40-dvd set hasn't shown up on time life's website. just saying for the rest of u.
  • edited June 2012
    You can start pre-ordering for the 40-DVD collection now:

http://www.timelife.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=1001&langId=-1&productId=1339001&searchTerm=power+rangers&siteID=8M5OCtWQm88-4CqCVpm0hPdUbFsgkxwVgQ
    DVD DEBUT OF THE POWER RANGERS IS FINALLY HERE! !

Get Super-Charged with the Series that Started a Global Phenomenon…

Your favorite childhood show has morphenomenal action, adventure, and meaningful lessons for both original and young fans. Now you can relive these action-packed adventures and share them with the next generation when we unleash the ORIGINAL POWER RANGERS on DVD for the very first time! Plus, you'll get exclusive in-depth bonus content, including a retrospective featurette on the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers phenomenon, brand new interviews with the cast and creative teams, and much, much more!

Emphasizing the importance of teamwork, fitness, responsibility and helping others, the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers follows the thrilling and humorous adventures of ordinary teens who “morph” into extraordinary superheroes over the course of three seasons. The adventures continue with Power Rangers Zeo, as the team takes on a new member, new zords, and meets new challenges and enemies. Then shift into Power Rangers Turbo, with the fastest team yet! Next, "Let's Rocket!" as we blast off for Power Rangers In Space; then we'll "Go Galactic!" as we join a new team in unexplored territory with Power Rangers Lost Galaxy. Order your own incredible POWER RANGERS box set today!

Why You'll Love This Set:

-Complete Set: Get all the original episodes from Seasons 1 - 7!
    -40-DVD Set: 338 episodes of high-energy, family-friendly entertainment!
    -Bonus Features: 2 DVDs of bonus content including rarely seen archival material; exclusive new featurettes; and interviews with the cast, creators, and fans of POWER RANGERS.
    -PLUS: You’ll get an exclusive and rare Mighty Morphin figure with accessory sword and blaster!

Product Details:
    List Price: $219.95
    Category/Genre: TV/Kids
    Format: DVDs
    # of DVDs: 40 DVDs Total
    # of Episodes: 338 Episodes Total
    There's a little more info here: http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/17042

And.....I've got a pre-ordered copy!! Woo hoo!!

PS: According to Bryan, it's actually 3 DVDs of bonus content
  • Glad we're getting somewhere at last!
  • ARE THEY STILL GOING TO REALEASE ALL POWER RANGERS SEASONS ON DVD IN STORES OR THEY CHANGE THEIR MIND TO 40CD BOX SET ONLINE ONLY??!
  • 40 DVD set is online only.

But, yes, they'll still be releasing the DVDs in stores. But, that's in volumes, and it doesn't have any of the special features.
  • I don't care about the special features. I want the action that has been around for 2 decades
  • i don't think any other seasons besides mmpr s1 will be in volumes cuz the rest are odd-numbered amt of dvds.
  • ARE they going to release all 44 eps of samurai on dvd in volumes like their doing 4 eps per dvd?
  • um...yeah. Samurai Volumes 1 and 2 are being released later this month (forgot what teh date is exactly. I think it's June 16th or 19th). First two volumes of Super Samurai will be released the week after, I believe.