New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Saban Signs Deal To Release Power Rangers On Blu-Ray/DVD

Comments

• edited May 2012
    I'm sure you did. I highly doubt that. Pre-ordering hasn't even been released to the public yet. I betcha anything they just said that to appease you and "wrote it down". I'd double check to see if you actually have that pre-ordered. I really don't think Time-Life takes pre-orders before the campaign starts.

Plus, you'd have to wait for August 6th before it actually ships unless you pay more to get it faster.
  • where is the link for the 40 dvd collection, i only see season 1 volume 1 lol
  • edited May 2012
    Yeah, it's confusing to actually find it, but you can check this out to get info on it:

http://www.rangerboard.com/showpost.php?p=4071107&postcount=3706
  • edited May 2012
    um dude i did on the phone with time life customer service. actually my mom did it for me as a early bday present. here's proof:

480027279X MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS 1 219.95 N
    SEASONS 1-7

thats the part of the email u would care about.
  • edited May 2012
    Nope. Not real. Your order hasn't been taken. From Brian Ward himself:
    Okay, gang. Shout! Factory, in association with Time Life and Saban Brands, will issue a formal announcement when the Time Life set is up for preorders. Until you see something issued from the publicity department at Shout! Factory, you're not to assume any part of it is final. Nothing you've seen to this point, if what you've seen is limited to what's been posted to these sites, is the final approved content.

If you receive information or see it elsewhere, do everyone a favor and refrain from posting any of this on this or any other website. It's clearly getting people in an unfounded tizzy; unfounded because if they'd seen the final art and release information, none of this would've gotten anyone's blood pressure up. So relax. Obviously, we're very close to a formal announcement. If you didn't get it from us, you should assume it's subject to change.

Also, until that announcement, please stop emailing and calling Time Life immediately. There's a lot of information going around amongst fans. Much of this information is incorrect. Until that site goes up and the formal announcement goes out, NO ONE is fully informed or can make any kinds of promises or statements to the public. Putting them in that position by flooding them with calls is further instigating speculation and arguments here and elsewhere on the internet.
    and
    Hey, guys--

For the record, not a single preorder has been taken. Nothing has sold out. They are not prepared to take preorders on this title at this time.

Thanks!
    And he would know. TimeLife has been misinforming people.
  • they keep saying week after week they will be begin to take pre-orders but nothing has happened. how do we know this week will be the week they start taking preorders?
  • edited May 2012
    Simple, we won't know until the announcement comes. Time Life doesn't know anything at all, as far as I'm aware of. If they do know anything at all then it would just be the people at the top.
  • All i can say is just be patient, in time, it will happen.
  • On the topic of being patient:
    A couple of points about the announcement and why it's taken "so long."

For starters, it hasn't taken that long. There's nothing wrong with the announcement. Everything is on schedule. However, you guys have been receiving information like, "next week, yadda, yadda, yadda..." Well, this was handed down from folks who weren't in the know. Don't know who these folks were. Could've been customer service people. Could've been fans wanting a little attention. I dunno. But we're on schedule and will announce soon. And here's why...

When dealing with direct-to-consumer product via online distribution, there are legal restrictions forbidding us (in this case, Time Life) from taking orders before a certain amount of time prior to shipping the product. For example, I can't take your money today for a product that's shipping six months from now. Legally, there is a window before the product ships during which we are allowed to take orders. We're not within that window, yet.

Your next question will inevitably be, "when does that window start?" That will be announced that day. Why? Very simple. Generally, there are two spikes in sales. The day the press release goes out announcing that it's available for pre-order and the day it comes out. Why? Because when people read press releases, they click through and immediately want to put their orders in. They don't want to read a press release announcing a product they want and then find out they can't actually order it, yet. Eventually, they forget and don't end up ordering. So when it's announced, we want you to be able to find it easily. I mean, we all know YOU will find it easily. We're more concerned with the people who aren't hanging out here finding it easily. Therefore, we'll announce it the day it's available. Oh, the second spike is the day it's released. Assuming it's released in stores. So, in this case, you can see why we don't want to announce it too soon. People wouldn't be able to order immediately after reading about it and it's not coming out in stores. Our two spike days would be moot.

This is why we're asking you to be patient. Had that information not been given out to fans, you'd have never known we were even this close. But because it was--incomplete information, though it was--, you guys are clamoring for more. But I promise you, we are right on schedule. The set's looking amazing. The packaging, the disc menus, the encodes themselves and the bonus features. I'm really honored to have had the opportunity to have worked on this set. I think you guys are going to love it.

I know you want something to talk about. And I promise, you'll soon have it. Whether it's about the pre-orders being announced or the artwork or how much you love or hate the set. Soon, we'll all be chatting about it. Just be patient.

Thanks again for the support!
  • Yes, August 21st
  • There is going to be a madhouse when that comes out between the current fans and the nostalgia ones who grew up with the show

hey speaking of nostalgia has anyone heard about if mystic knights off tirna nog is coming out with the other shows?
  • Nope, no word on Mystic Knights. I don't think we're even aware of whether Saban even got it back or not. Disney might not want to give it up since don't quote me on this but it seems like Disney was only interested in giving stuff back to Saban that either 1. has Toei footage in it or 2. Disney doesn't personally own the rights to entirely and completely. Like for example even if they kept Next Mutation, they wouldn't own Ninja Turtles, they would only own Next Mutation and that is probably the reason behind them selling it back to Saban.
  • Rats I was rooting for that to come on dvd.
  • walmart, best buy, and frys do NOT have mmpr s1 v1 up for pre-order. i checked. o well, ill be getting the mmpr-prlg 40-dvd set anyway.
  • What's frys?