New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Saban Signs Deal To Release Power Rangers On Blu-Ray/DVD

Comments

• released where nightmere?
  • Volumes are being released in stores and on Shout! Factory's website. The 40 DVD collection is being released ONLY online.
  • so they are doing samurai in june and waiting for the rest?
  • Ah, I believe I misunderstood your first question when you asked "Released where."

MMPR S1 V1 is being released by Shout! Factory and in stores in August, shortly followed by MMPR S1 V2.

The Samurai/Super Samurai DVDs are being released through Lionsgate and are being released in June. Lionsgate was announced before Shout! Factory, plus it's the season that most kids nowadays immediately recognize when they hear PR, which is why they're doing it that way. But that's only the first 8 episodes for both seasons. Don't know when they plan on releasing the other volumes for these seasons.

After MMPR S1 (all three volumes are released), they'll be releasing MMPR S2, MMPR S3 (with Alien Rangers), Zeo, Turbo, In Space, and Lost Galaxy in volumes, but that could take a while. (These will also be released on Shout! Factory's website and in stores).

Hope that answers your question.
  • jun 19th for the first 2 samurai volumes cuz jun 16th is a saturday.
  • Thanks. I new it was a "teen" number but couldn't remember which one.
  • edited June 2012
    No Pink Spandex conducted an interview with Brian Ward!

NPS Interview with Brian

40 DVD Box Art (credit to No Pink Spandex)

Box Art
  • @NightMere10- yes it did answer my question, thank you

to me, it sounds kinda lame that they are only doing the first 8 episodes at the moment, especially with samurai since the season is over and the older seasons are coming out on DVD soon
  • edited June 2012
    If anyone could help Brian out, that would be great:
    Okay, gang. I've reached a bit of an emergency situation. I'm days away from the first set being sent to the plant and we've still not been able to track down a COMPLETE, FINAL master for "The Good, The Bad and The Stupid." We only have several different incarnations prior to its completion. Does anyone have a copy of this that can be overnighted to me? It's too late to put you in the special thanks on this first volume, but we'll work SOMETHING out as a thank you. Without your help, this set could be missing this special. Not to say it couldn't appear elsewhere, but I feel like it NEEDS to be on MMPR. Help?

EDIT - Problem solved.
  • sounds interesting they're including the mmpr video specials.
  • edited June 2012
    NO. The 40 DVD set will NOT be released in stores. You can only get it online or if you go to Comic Con, you can buy it there. Eventually, they will take those seasons and put them in stores in volumes, like they're starting with MMPR. (I already posted a link to the pics, btw.)
  • Look up four posts from yours. I didn't want to spam with pictures so I linked it that way. Plus, at the time, the img tag wasn't working for me.
  • I hope they release Lightspeed Rescue to RPM after this.
  • edited June 2012
    They most likely will, but not for a little while. Brian stated in an interview with No Pink Spandex (linked above) that once he's done with this box seat he as 13-16 other projects he needs to start work on.
  • edited June 2012
    This is what I had posted:
    No Pink Spandex conducted an interview with Brian Ward!

NPS Interview with Brian

40 DVD Box Art (credit to No Pink Spandex)
    Box Art
    ^^^^^^^^^