New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Saban Signs Deal To Release Power Rangers On Blu-Ray/DVD

Comments

• @Kyfm: Thanks, dude. I can read. And don't double post.

I'm so getting the 40-DVD set. And, you're wrong. MMPR S1 is being released in stores in August.
  • edited May 2012
    nightmere10 i'm not wrong the 6-disc set of mmpr s1 (ALL 60 EPS IN ONE SET) is being released on july 30 through shout select online only for now. the one being released in stores in the 2 volume sets. did u actually read the press release in the link?
  • edited May 2012
    My mistake. I misread your original post.
  • I'm planning to get all of them. I don't care how long it takes.
  • PRThunder u know about the 40-dvd-set of MMPR-PRLG being released by shout select/time-life its online only for the time being on july 30.
  • It is. What Kyfm is talking about is ALL of Season 1 released at one time as a season box set being released online on July 30th
  • along with a 40-disc set of MMPR-PRLG being released online only at time-life's website. it will be released the same day as the complete mmpr s1 on shout's website only. pre-ordering for the 40-disc set should be ready sometime next week as they're still finalizing some things on it. the cover art should be avaliable as well.
  • darkvincentes it probably will be at least the vol 1 set for now. yea the 40-dvd set will have interviews with cast and crew members. we don't know much about any extras for that set.
  • No. It's only being released online and only the 40 DVD set has the bonus features everyone wants.
  • edited May 2012
    Volumes will have subtitles. Brian Ward confirmed that. When I said special features, I meant like cast and crew interviews.
  • Well I want the Power Rangers in stores, Is that gonna happen?
  • Yes. MMPR S1 Volume 1 is realeased in August. Volume 2 is released in the fall of 2012, and god knows how long it'll take to get other seasons after that.
  • edited May 2012
    tvshowsondvd.com's dave told me this on their fb page:

Kevin, the reason Shout is teaming up with Time Life on the 40-DVD set and make it available via TL's direct-sales promotions (online, and also via on-air TV campaign...i.e., infomercials) is because - quite frankly - the retail store chains don't want to carry anything that big. Particularly of a retro show, and a kid oriented retro show at that. The retail chains just see it as something that even a couple of copies per store will take up valuable shelf space, and not sell ("turn around") very fast. In the same amount of space as one of these, they can probably stock a few dozen under-$20 sets that will sell quicker, be restocked, and then sell again just as quickly...and prove more profitable to the retailer in the end. Most brick-and-mortar sellers will build up their stock of such "big package" items for the holiday season, but then by mid-January will be returning leftover copies to the studio for a refund (yes, that happens...I was a retail store manager for over 10 years myself!). DAVE

also u can do it in payments u don't have to pay it all at once. like a lot of their tv show dvds they sell on their site. and this is another reason why even though real ghostbusters was sold in stores for a time. Kevin, Real Ghostbusters was carried on store shelves for a little while during Christmastime 2009 because at 25 discs it was a package size that was reasonably compact, and able to fit well enough among the other "gift sets" sold during the holiday season. If the Power Rangers 40-DVD set is the same size as the Six Million Dollar Man 40-DVD set (and I have reason to believe it will be), then it will be too big for this, and coming out a bit too early to be "fresh" for the store shelves (plus I'm sure TL's deal includes a minimum period of online exclsuivity...probably a year's worth, based on experience with the previous licenses they've dealt with on similar-sized packages). The discounts currently available at TL's website for Real Ghostbusters reflects the age, I'm afraid, of the title (TL began selling it online in 2008). It will be a little while before Power Rangers goes on sale. But the "pay in easy installments" plan is always a plus for TL that you rarely see anywhere else, plus you can often (not always, but often) find discount codes online (try Googling them) for free shipping.
  • edited May 2012
    ill edit to make u happy nightmere10
  • Don't. Double. Post!!!!!