New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Saban Signs Deal To Release Power Rangers On Blu-Ray/DVD

Comments

• Maybe you could use a pre-paid debit card? The ones that are basically like universal gift cards.
  • Agree with dekablue. Just go to the grocery store and pick one up so you can partake in the fun of brand new power rangers Dvds!
  • edited April 2012
    I am, actually, still in the process of creating the first wave of DVDs. Manufacturing time is significantly shorter than it used to be. But it also helps that no one knows our release dates; none of which have been accurately speculated here by "sources."
  • In response to the question: "Are you able to confirm if shout will release mmpr seasons 1-3 as a complete 3 year boxset or just individual seasons?"
    Unfortunately, that's kinda the part I really can't discuss. The release dates and how the show is being released needs to be first confirmed and then announced via a general press release. Once that's done, I can speak openly about the configuration and put inquiring minds at ease.

Sorry for the secrecy. But I can promise that I'm having a lot of fun working on the set and I think you'll all dig what we have in store.
  • edited April 2012
    Well whatever the release date is, it better be this year. I'm running out of sites to watch Power Rangers on, so I hope all the seasons get released soon.
  • If you looked back in posts, you'd see that the target date for reseasing is July-September. Whether it's all of them or just the first few, that's when they're starting.
  • I might be in the minority, but I'm really looking forward to VR Troopers DVDs!
  • ^ You might be, but I'm right there with ya.

Interview Update: Brian Ward was at Force Balance Brazillain Jiu-Jitsu today, conducting an interview. For those of you who don't know, Force Balance is owned and run by Steve Cardenas (Rocky). So, right now we at least know "Rocky" is being interviewed. :)

I'm even more excited now. Rocky was one of my favorite characters.
  • edited April 2012
    No doubt about that. I will definitely be buying Beetleborgs and VR Troopers. Their episodes are a limited amount so it's going to be much easier to buy them right away whereas with Power Rangers, they have 700+ episodes so not every single person will be able to buy every season of Power Rangers DVD. Granted I'm gonna try to since Shout Factory is so awesome (they released Nickelodeon's Hey Dude on DVD and I've bought all 2 released seasons so far) so I think that speaks for itself.

Something some users may or may not know in regards to Shout Factory is they're more of a company that sends stuff off to online retailers. I can't remember if anyone said that within this thread before or not since we have almost a full 6 pages of discussion within this thread alone but personally I find that it's definitely a great company to release classic DVDs. A good majority of fans are capable enough of ordering online anyway whether it's from Amazon or from the Walmart site. And more than likely the only ones who will be aware of the releases are just older fans who started watching Power Rangers in '93, '94 or '95.

Also Rocky wasn't my favorite character but that was mostly because he was very overshadowed in MMPR due to the writers overpowering Tommy in Season 2. But I do like him (Rocky) a whole lot better as Zeo Ranger 3, Blue though.
  • I did mention it once or twice in the past, but I can see how it's hard to miss. But, thanks for the explanation. It was better than I gave anyway.

As for liking Rocky better as Zeo 3, I do agree with you on that. It was actually watching Zeo, and then the MMPR Movie, and then MMPR season 2 and 3 again (in that order) that made me really appreciate his character. Yes, I agree that he was overshadowed a lot (that's the reason why I don't like season 2. It was this season that I REALLY started not liking Tommy and its solidified my thought process of "Tommy's overrated").
  • ^ You might be, but I'm right there with ya.

I'm even more excited now. Rocky was one of my favorite characters.
    Rocky was one of my favorites too, i think i liked him better then Jason. plus he was a great blue ranger too.
  • edited April 2012
    Posted by Steve Cardenas on his FB:
    Walter Jones aka Zack the Black Ranger stopped by Force/Balance today!

Brian Ward had said that he finished two interviews shortly after posting the picture of Steve's dojo. It's safe to say that Walter was interviewed as well.
  • Wow. He's changed since MMPR
  • Well that and he's not dressed like the 90's
  • edited April 2012
    He's in his 30s. of course he's going to look different. Save for Walter. African American's do tend to look younger then they are even when they age.