New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Saban Signs Deal To Release Power Rangers On Blu-Ray/DVD

Comments

• Steven still look's like he could kick butt as a ranger haha
  • In answer to the question if Brian is solely working on PR right now and the process of other Saban Shows:
    Yeah, sadly, I can't say too much about that currently. I can say that I'm not as focused on some titles as I am others. But that's about it.
  • I am definitely getting every season on DVD even though I really like the seasons with Tommy Oliver the most. For those that don't know who Tommy Oliver is, Jason David Frank, aka JDF, was the actor that played Tommy Oliver.
  • Update from Brian
    . Just had another great interview last night. Everything's coming together well, I think. I'm overwhelmed with what I'm being able to accomplish on this project. Definitely turning into a highlight in my Shout! Factory career.
  • If the main man is having a good time, then hopefully the product will follow suit.
  • Development/production wise; it's easier.
  • edited May 2012
    Not only is it easier production-wise but it's easier for stores to accept them as well if the cost is only like $20 or so. Not many stores will be willing to sell DVDs of something that's about $40 or especially $60.
  • Season 1, Volume 1 of MMPR has been announced as i thought many of the seasons will have 2 volumes each considering the amount of eps in each season.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/16902
  • I'm not sure they'll add just two volumes of each season. They could add three or more volumes instead.
  • vgiannel5 if u have bought shout releases of g.i. joe, transformers, gem they also split into 2-3 volumes depending on how many eps in each season.
  • @kyfm: That's vgiannell5's point....
  • but it seems more likely that each season will have 2 volumes each to be make each releases with an even amount of eps on each.
  • Not if MMPR S1 had way more episodes than any other PR season. As for other seasons, yes, I agree with you
  • edited May 2012
    this is sweet but not avaliable in stores (for now at least) also both volumes of MMPR season 1 will be released as Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season 1 (online only for now)

http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/16925

its MMPRs1-PRLG all in one 40-dvd set

from time life/shout select (online only)
  • edited May 2012
    also nightmere10 both volumes of MMPR s1 will have 30 eps each.