New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Power Rangers Super Samurai: Official Discussion

Comments

• The producers don't count CotRR as part of the episode count. It's a movie special. This has been officially confirmed whether you want to believe it or not. So, by your count, your episode numbers are way off.

Anyway:

Temper Trap music video for their song Need Your Love starring Alex Heartman:

• edited April 2012
    Indeed, NightMere is correct. Fury Diamond over at RangerCrew definitely knows what he's talking about. Apparently like NightMere said, it was supposed to be 44 episodes with 4 holiday episodes and they had no plans to do the "Clash of the Red Rangers" TV special/movie. It's why it was so sloppy and why Steven (Antonio's actor) isn't there.

Anyway to stay on topic, I did like that preview for tomorrow's episode. The Nighlok's voice sounds awesome. Personally I think he's 1 of the better voices in this season.

Also Power Rangers On-Air Central likely wouldn't have any inside info within Saban Brands like Fury Diamond over at RangerCrew and SamuraiCast does. On-Air Central is basically just a guide that lists TV airings that they get from Nickelodeon themselves.

Also all of those episode titles (after 2113) were leaked way earlier than they likely should have been hence why there are no episode titles for any additional episodes.
  • I'm going to have to agree and disagree with you slightly. I believe they didn't originally have CotRR in mind and just tacked it onto the end. Considering Saban is kinda "starting over" with PR and they saw how popular the team up episodes were, they wanted to do it, but filmed it at the end once they got all the Samurai stuff done with.

I think this was also the problem. Steven had a prior commitment with working on his debut album even before CotRR was announced, so he wouldn't be able to film anyway, because he'd be back in America as once he was done filming season 2, he would immediately start working on the album. (But, keep in mind that this was just my opinion on the matter).

I thought the preview clip was weak and really cringe worthy. It just didn't flow well for me and the dialogue (especially the "cool" puns) was just flat. Although, after watching the episode, I may be singing a different tune.
  • You're probably partially correct with "Clash." I do believe Nickelodeon had ordered another episode after the ep though because they wanted something for the Thanksgiving weekend which is probably why they (Saban Brands) opted for "Clash" which it was a teamup as well.

I'm not sure about Steven. I just know that he wasn't available for the filming or ADR work due to his music, whether that was because he was in the U.S. or not however, I don't know. It's why they went with Jeremy (the one who did the voice of Shimazu back in Ninja Storm) in order to voice Antonio in the TV special.
  • mattemily he had a prior commitment to record his upcoming album. he said so on his fb and twitter.
  • and burgundy ranger (the owner of PROAC) works with a newspaper of some kind with info on tv listings in advance.
  • Yeah, I knew about Steven working on his music which is why he wasn't available for "Clash." I just didn't know where he was for it.

In regards to PROAC, all I'm aware of is that a lot of their info is what ToonZone gets and ToonZone typically gets it from Nickelodeon's press department.
  • http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Clash_of_the_Red_Rangers_-_The_Movie

look here to see when "Clash" takes place during super samurai eps 5 and 6. the reasons are explained there. so prp put it in the wrong place in his dls of samurai. but still good he posted it.
  • Just saw Runaway Spike and I thought Mia looked good in Shogun Mode. Now the only rangers left who hadn't used Shogun Mode yet are Kevin, Mike, and Emily and she's still hasn't even gone Super yet.
  • @kyfm: It's not in the wrong spot because it's not officially part of the episode count, it's a stand alone movie. It's really not supposed to be in line with the episodes, but people wanted to find a place for it to be. So, no, PRP didn't put it in the wrong spot in the dls list

@vgiannell5: Emily's going Super Mode in the next episode and there's a good chance she'll also go Shogun as well.
  • edited April 2012
    nightmere10 what i meant was thats where it makes sense story wise

In terms of continuity, the episode takes place between episodes 19 and 32 of RPM, as the SkyRev Megazord is still active.

As for the continuity of Samurai, this movie takes place after Super Samurai episode 6 The Rescue as Jayden has The Shark Disk which is first activated in that episode, unlike Shinkenger, where the events of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger The Movie: The Fateful War take place before Act 31: The Kyoryu Origami (The Rescue's Shinkenger counterpart)

In terms of production order, this is the first time audiences see Shark Zord and LightZord, albeit in weapon set mode of lantern and blade. It is not the debut episode of either zord, however, as both zords are to be introduced in Super Samurai, specifically between episodes 5 and 6.
  • edited April 2012
    Summary for a Sticky Situation (airing April 28th)
    Kevin and Mike must work as a team when a Nighlok glues their hands together.

Clip from this Saturday's episode, Strange Case of the Munchies:

http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/power-rangers-super-samurai-210-hungry-clip.html
  • Runaway spike was a good episode, i hope Strange Case of the Munchies is good too.
  • According to Kimberly Crossman's twitter, she's starting ADR soon.
  • edited April 2012
    This just in! We have a city name for Power Rangers Samurai/Super Samurai and a LAST NAME for one of the Rangers.
    Well folks, looks like we finally have confirmation that the city the Rangers are living is...Panorama City! Also, Mia's last name is Watanabe... Posted on Funaroboard:

http://funaroboard.net/index.php?PHP...407.msg873#new