New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Power Rangers mistake that reveals their identities

Comments

• First names don't give too much away, but it is still pretty careless.
  • Well, I thought it was silly in MMPR because most of the citizens seemed to know the rangers by a first name bases and they always asked If they were alright using their first name? They should get ranger codes like they did in RPM(Even though it was silly seeing how everyone already knew they were the power rangers RPM)
  • Good point
  • tbh guys isn't Power Rangers always a little silly?
  • That's the point. It's campy and for kids. Especially season 1
  • It's suppose to be silly. It's for little kids. But there are few seasons like Time force that were more serious but still had silly moments.
  • The show is supposed to be silly to have some comedy, but Dubby is not refering to the show. He's is saying that "most of the citizens seemed to know the rangers by a first name bases and they always asked If they were alright using their first name". I agree. The Rangers were supposed to hide their identities not shout them out loud. They should have been like "Red Ranger! We need the Power Sword" or "Blue Ranger get the monster!". You know what I mean?
  • The Megaforce Power Rangers are making that mistake now. They are calling out each other's names in front of civilians. Here are 2 scenes where they did that.

• Yeah I notice that when i was watching the episodes. I mean come on at least have code names for each other instead of calling out your real name. But it doesn't even seem as if the civilians notice!!
  • The RPM Rangers had code names in the 2nd episode. They called each other Red, Blue, or Yellow. You'll see it in the video
  • edited April 2013
    @PRThunder To be honest while that didn't make a whole lot of sense, it did make sense for Dr. K's personality since she didn't want to refer to any of them by name because she didn't want to create a bond with any of them.

Anyway something else to note - yes, Rangers calling each other by their first names is an oversight but it's not really a huge mistake. Sure, some names might not be as common as others but people aren't really going to care what the Rangers have to say.

Yes, someone among the team might refer to Megaforce Yellow as "Gia" but civilians simply just aren't going to pay as much attention to such detail since there might be a few dozen girls named Gia in their world.
  • @MattEmily that is a fair argument but if Megaforce is only based in one city, then surely one of the civilians like Jordan for example may be able to figure out who the ranger is since they may know everyone in that city. Just a thought!
  • @Yanman10 True but how can anyone among civilians automatically assume the Rangers would be 1. be humans just like them and 2. actually reside within their city?
  • @MattEmily has a point. There have been human, alien, and robot rangers in the past, so there would be no way of telling without help
  • @PRThunder Precisely. It's a lot like Superman. If you work at the Daily Planet, the last person on Earth you'll think is Superman is Clark. Even if you hear someone referring to him (Superman) as Clark, you're going to process that as "Nah, that can't be Clark Kent."