New Forum Software Has Been Deployed! If You Have Any Issues With Logging In, Please Reset Your Password, Or Contact [email protected].

Power Rangers Megaforce: Official Discussion

Comments

• I see you points. Why do fans think that Gokaiger would be good for Power Rangers? They are pirates. Power Rangers and Pirates are 2 different things.

Power Rangers: Superheroes that fight evil to defend the universe

Pirates: People that steal from others for their own purposes
  • edited July 2012
    You're clearly stuck in the mindset that they'd directly translate Gokaiger. They could pull an MMPR and use an original story all the while just using the fight footage. There's a lot you could do with Gokaiger. Don't write it off just because of the pirate plot.
  • And besides Gokaiger was an amazing season in my opinion. I can see the exciting that everyone has for it.
  • Since we're talking about the future,t hen hear me out. Let's say that Super Sentai ends for good one day, but Saban wants the Power Rangers to go on. How will he continue once he runs out of Sentai stuff to use. His only option would be to turn Super Sentai before Zyuranger/MMPR. Here's a discussion for that subject http://www.powerrangerplanet.org/forum/discussion/232/previous-super-sentai-teams-converted-to-power-rangers#Item_24
  • Since we're talking about the future,t hen hear me out. Let's say that Super Sentai ends for good one day, but Saban wants the Power Rangers to go on. How will he continue once he runs out of Sentai stuff to use. His only option would be to turn Super Sentai before Zyuranger/MMPR. Here's a discussion for that subject http://www.powerrangerplanet.org/forum/discussion/232/previous-super-sentai-teams-converted-to-power-rangers#Item_24
    If Super Sentai ever did stop (which i cant see happening anytime soon) PR would either stop or they would have to start making their own footage
  • Honestly, I think going back to pre-zyu footage is a bad move as the quality of the film would be bad. I mean, even in Japan they're taking the time to film Sentai in HD. To go back to SD film would be pointless.
  • But they could do what they did with PRLG and what they are doing with PRM (Megaforce). They could create an original plot, use the costumes from the Japanese version, and create and brand new season
  • I agree, I also hate SD, but like PRT said, they could do something similar as to what they did with Lost Galaxy but still keep it some what similar to goseiger.
  • You're missing the point entirely. The pre-zyu footage is completely (what I describe as_ faded with color and would stand out against the crystal clear picture of American fight footage. It would look horribly done.
  • @NightMere10 You're missing the point. PRLG and PRM are proof that we don't need Sentai footage to make Power Rangers. We just need all the costumes and the tools
  • edited July 2012
    From RangerCrew about using the names "Tensou" and "Gosei"
    I asked my sources about the "Gosei" and "Tensou" names in the Official Press Release.

They decided on the name based on the fact that the all of the cards have the word "Gosei", which indirectly confirms that we will be seeing the direct Sentai footage of the Goseiger Cards. No confirmation on new cards, but I bet that we will see them if Power Rangers Megaforce is a hybrid. I would've loved to seen all of the cards get a fresh Megaforce look. I'm hoping that they reconsider that concept to ensure consistency with any new cards that they decide to make for the Anniversary season.

I didn't get a confirmed response about the "Tensou" name usage. Was that name branded on the Datas character?
  • edited July 2012
    Gokaiger fans rejoice! Gokaiger is being used as the second season of Megaforce. HenshinJustice got this straight from Elie Dekel's (President of Saban Brands) mouth.

From HenshinJustice's twitter:
    Megaforce will have two seasons like Samurai, so Goseiger will be the anniversary series... and Gokaiger will be used for season 2 of what is unofficially called Super Megaforce.
  • Why do they got to add the word "Super" in front of everything -_-
  • Eh, it's better than Ultra. And for those of you wondering, no word yet on if Gokai suits will be used.
  • they better use the gokai suits, those were badass!